Today we’re wrapping up this week with some extra excitement because we’re getting ready to add a few new team members to the D*S family. We’re a small but tight-knit group and this year we’ve realized we could use a little extra help around the office with a number of tasks that combine photography, graphic design and decorating. So we’re hoping to find two interns to join us this spring! The details are below and we can’t wait to meet some new friends who are excited to geek out over design, pattern and homes the same way we do. xo, grace
- Must be free to work between the hours of 10am and 4pm EST at least 3 days a week.
- Graphic design, photography and WordPress skills are a must.
- We’re hoping for NYC locals, but are open to exceptional candidates in other areas as long as you can work on east coast hours.
- All DS Internships are paid on an hourly or project basis, depending on an agreed upon schedule.
- To apply, email us here, subject line “Internship” and include your resume and links to examples of your work online. Applications will be accepted until March 7th, 2014.
Best of the Web This Week:
- This 4-year old’s amazing handmade paper dresses are seriously awesome. Via JHill design.
- 9 Chili Recipes from @Food52 that make me hate this cold weather a little less.
- Amtrak is giving free rides to writers! What a great way to get out and see the world while still having time to sit, think and reflect.
- A review of fitness trackers in Slate breaks down the options for anyone looking to get in shape this spring.
- 2-sided bus stickers used as home decoration AND privacy? Kind of genius.
- Pinrose: This “scent discovery site” references your scent “history”, age, musical and geographic preferences to determine your ideal fragrance. Then you get three wet nap style samples for free in the mail!
- I really loved Kinfolk’s story on Pompon Cakes, an awesome Japanese cake company on wheels.
Best of Design*Sponge This Week:
- Must Reads: Instagram Challenges! (30 Amazing Rugs from D*S Readers and 30 Inspiring Images from DS Readers), Design*Sponge Online Black Book: Knobs, 10 Second Shop Tour with Melissa Joy Manning, Design Icon: Cathrineholm Lotus Enamelware
- In the Kitchen With: Grandbaby Cakes’ Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- Biz Ladies: Profile: Alexia Klompje of Klomp Ceramics, Networking to Grow Your Brand, Part One, 10 Habits of Healthy and Happy Business Owners
- City Guide: 24 Hours in Los Angeles with Joy Cho of Oh Joy!
- Before and After: Two Rooms Transformed with Recycled Pieces and Thrifty Finds
- D*S Gem Handbook: The Opal, Howlite
- Sneak Peeks: A Little Bit of Texas in Brooklyn, Best of Rugs, A Colorful French Home with a Child-like Spirit
- DIY Projects: 14 Paper Flower DIYs, Moroccan Wedding Blanket Inspired Pendant
- D*S Newsletter: Golden like the Sun – our favorite Gold picks plus 6 awesome Branch Blossoms + Vases Sign up here!
- See our D*S Office Make-over Part Two – The Plan