8 Oversized Posters I Love

OVERSIZED_DS_POSTERS
For the past few years I’ve been all about editing down my collection of prints and posters to focus primarily on larger pieces. Nothing fancy or expensive, just something large enough that it can command a larger wall-space without feeling as cluttered as a gallery wall can. So far that means we only have a few pieces hung on the walls, but the ones we have are bold and beautiful and always seem to start a conversation. For me, that’s the power of a large piece- they grab your eye and make you think. So this morning I decided to round up a few oversized prints and posters I’ve been bookmarking online. It can be expensive to frame really large pieces, so I love that most of these look great just with a few clips or pins to attach them to the wall. xo, grace

Click through for the full roundup after the jump…

1c4c5dba3542c008e7882de2a13bf4c6
Image above: Antelopes by Steven Beckly $50

896e3f05ae25beeaba86820d37fd91cd
Image above: Astronomy Poster by The Curators Prints at Etsy $65

8431b89c021106fe9c1e4f5c795ae59d
Image above: Radicchio Vegetable Poster by Anek $85

114fd9186a756b65fbd6681b808e855a
Image above: Crystal Poster by Debbie Carlos $50

Pink_Orange_Flowers
Image above: Print Club Boston Poster $100

4dbe63d0d4205d72360ac1137d9f7a8a
Image above: Swan Feather Print by Trina Cary $50-$100

9d3c3e40d1de626e93afcf06ba048076
Image above: Marilyn Monroe Selfie $53 (I don’t know why, but I think this is hilarious)

faef22f08d6e5d5e05ef7de192fa3311
Image above: Be Yourself Poster from Marideestudio $38

1. Chrissy says:

Debbie Carlos is my heart! She’s so talented and so nice, too!

2. Chrissy says:

Debbie Carlos is my heart! So talented and really nice, too!

3. Katie says:

Wow- love a lot of these. I think my bathroom may need the Club Boston print..I wonder if I could tile them as a wallpaper…

4. Jessica says:

That’s because it IS hilarious. Totally cracked me up this morning!

5. Anna says:

Love these, My room really needs one of these on the wall somewhere (if i can fit it in with all my other pictures!)

6. eve & faye says:

They are all so pretty, we cant choose our favourite although the crystal poster is so cool, good choices!

Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters – A blog about charity shops, cosmetics & coeliac disease

7. Crystal says:

No Laure Joliet oversized prints??? For shame!

8. maggie says:

I am OBSESSED with that crystal print! I am a fan of large, oversized prints and canvases – I think sometimes one large piece is a great way to bring a bunch of smaller pieces together. Thanks for introducing me to some great art!

9. V says:

Thank you for this! I have been struggling to find large-size affordable posters.

10. Cathy says:

I also think the Marilyn one is hilarious!

11. I have been crushing on that black and white crystal poster for a while now. It’s so big, bold and beautiful!

12. Maria G. says:

The poster with Oscar Wilde`s quote caught my attention. I started t think that it has a deep philosophical and psychological senses. We tend to forget that we should appreciate our personality because each of us is unique.

13. Hillary says:

Fantabulous! Thanks for sharing.

14. Steph says:

Ok I feel like a grandma for asking this question but how do people hang these big posters? I have one I really like but don’t want to pay to have it framed and can’t seem to think of a way to hang it so it doesn’t scream COLLEGE DORM ROOM. Any thoughts?

15. Thanks for the love designsponge!!

FYI – Some hanging/display tips as well as links to resources on my site: http://store.debbiecarlos.com/f-a-q

16. Carolyn says:

Love all of these! I would add another artist to the mix too–Claire Nereim. Definitely worth checking out her posters!