30 Amazing Rugs from D*S Readers

DesignSponge Reader Rugs
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from admiring people’s entries to the #DSNiceRug challenge on Instagram, it’s that people with great rugs often have great homes. And great cats. It felt like nearly every entry had a cat (and a few adorable dogs) featured prominently. And for that, Turk and I send a big furry high-five. I was quite frankly blown away by the amount of beautiful rugs submitted to this particular hashtag challenge and had SUCH a great time sifting through them. Thank you SO much to everyone who sent in their rugs and I’m so thrilled to show off 30 of our favorites here today. Rugs for everyone! xo, grace

*And don’t worry, we emailed pretty much everyone in this list to ask about a Sneak Peek!

This post was brought to you by Kilim.com, offering amazing new, vintage and overdyed handmade Turkish rugs direct from the source. See the range here!

kilimlogo

Click through for all 30 rugs after the jump!

3a334c7ab5dc2ca80b6033f8d0265651
Image above: Gemma Cagnacci submitted SO many gorgeous rugs. And cats. You’ll see many more of her images below, too.

3d90729ea60d9a468883fa86991c3097
Image above: Jill Danyelle (a DS Sneak Peek favorite) submitted this beautiful rug.

4dfc47265f74ceff10ee38bd84edfc83
Image above: A beautiful rug and an equally beautiful cat in Tara Ridgdell‘s home.

5f93210d608631e8546e65ee262be00a
Image above: Another lovely rug in Gemma’s home.

8af8a9025cd63bedaa3df6d81e187765
Image above: And another beauty from Jill’s home, too.

81ae3f61f63bd44529c8050ad2317d7e
87ba744c30a63576be7d516b3d43485f
Image above: Gemma’s cats are competing for cutest thing in these photos.

937a0f28604aaa6bd2e14d5c81902ca6
Image above: A sweet little dog on a colorful rug in Jennifer Harrison‘s home.

4045e5371073187016890f39504b5b4a
Image above: I love this modern grey and white rug at Cedar & Hyde Mercantile

28813b2777ef46f7c2e0e4fa7409940f
Image above: Another photo from Jill Danyelle‘s home.

60977ad0061f1d9e86d06030fecc4281
Image above: Gemma‘s shoes briefly steal a moment from the cats.

71220b2a832d924442bc31b51c163a93
Image above: Meg G‘s patterned living room rug.

a6e8b5e9c34d551919cc8979a9d8d1cc
Image above: Aelfie (owner of a beautiful rug design company in Brooklyn) naturally had some great rugs to share.

a36b21d58bb6e07d523dd47e89e42ff5
Image above: Stitch & Hammer‘s guest room looks so beautiful and minimal- but with a great pop of pattern from the rug.

a80e80675f8e9ae1f5a9a6fa19bab066
Image above: A gold rug at Sabin‘s home.

a9262316ca12a49ed0cbbf27dd5d3ac5
Image above: Jordan Rutledge Long has a great bedside rug.

b61e657229e8fa402f9941016f5abf22
bc9aa7ce36ca4b738422afee4d7ddbc5
Image above: Lily Stockman shared an adorable speckled dog on two patterned rugs.

bade443dd351f04104cb360624174def
bd22426b6fd99a7430716f3ec0d0a406
Image above: Emma Fineman fell in love with these rugs in LA.

c5b6c07f221ff8c090683100ba2fd234
Image above: More from Gemma- I seriously envy her rug collection.

c8268222995df253a4b0e3aaad46222a
Image above: J. Taurtiz has some wonderfully aged rugs with a lot of character.

d0f639e25c0e5f7aa4cce96e9ac400e6
Image above: This one (brought home from a trip to Africa), from Meg G, might be my favorite.

d572dc2585943484c72d610ff252e554
Image above: Emily at The Sweet Beast is setting off major cute dog (and rug) alerts.

d252805ff1c9e3dbba396b41bcbaf92e
Image above: Sophia Moreno-Bunge‘s rug (and bougainvillea) is stunning.

e164ac473064aa2c4a2e72ad7d518c9e
Image above: This stack from Aelfie is fantastic.

eb48c52f13c921a48e614b6208b6520a
Image above: A cutie from Tracy Tilly

ecb6a65a440545c431d29c457e0b0235
Image above: Meg G‘s sweet friend on a pretty rug.

f15b384d98ad96500a701b6ea0ec9fea
Image above: Jen Chu‘s gorgeous bedroom rug. I hope we get to see more of this space!

fbd5ef4a64c2a5a14242aa4ba4afcfff
Image above: A great detail from Colleen Nathanson’s rug.

1. SD says:

beautiful!! i don’t think the instagram links are linking properly though. it’s sending me to an instagram login page

2. Jessica S. says:

More like rugs…and “pets”…for everyone! These are fun shots — thanks for curating and sharing them with us.

On a separate (but similar) note, when do you plan to share your #DSLooking favorites? I think I can speak for a few others, when I say that we’re interested to see what kind of small details speak to you.

3. LizA says:

I wish there were links to find these beauties.

1. Grace Bonney says:

Hi guys!

So sorry for the link mixup- I didn’t realize Statigr.am required a login. I just updated all 30 and they’re linking directly to the rug-owner’s Instagram page. Sorry about that!

And Jessica- the #dslooking results go up tomorrow morning :)

Grace

4. Courtney says:

Suggestions On Where To find Rugs Like These?

5. Batya says:

Though the round-up is closed, I added my new slippers and rug for fun…mostly since my Haflinger foot coverings (which were just gifted to me for my adoption birthday) have the cutest dog on them. And this summer when we adopt another dog (we lost beloved 15 year old Omar in May), the newest member of our family will likely be taking the place of selfie shoe photos :) This is a cute idea, Grace.

6. adele says:

oh geez.. i need them all! I am rugless, but these are simply gorgeous, especially the black and white one from africa.

7. Della says:

That leopard cat stole the show! Pretty.

8. KH_Tas says:

Sadly, the only rug we have at the moment is not attractive, but when my handmade braided rug is finally finished, there will be wide sharing of photos (possibly containing a kitty)

9. Barb says:

I love the grey and cream rug from Cedar & Hyde, wonderful mercantile
    In Boulder Colorado.

10. Thanks for the rug love, Grace and Amy!

In case anyone is on the hunt for a SUPER durable, beautifully made hand-woven cotton dhurrie, I can’t recommend Madeline Weinrib enough. Expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for and she often has sales (I got my Amagansett for 40% off in a sample sale). Ours (pictured above with spotted dog and spotted pants) has endured countless wine/food/mud mishaps but cleans up easily and only gets more beautiful with wear. Indestructible and great for high traffic areas with messy humans and rough-housing pets. Madi has a great Instagram feed, too. Her showroom is at ABC Carpet & Home in New York.

11. Erin says:

I love the ones in the Lily Stockman photos. I need more rugs desperately!

12. Thank you for including our guest room rug as one of your favorites. There are so many good ones here. LOVE Lily’s rugs! The custom design rugs from the ladies over at Cedar & Hyde are incredible as well.

13. Omigosh this post makes me so happy! Patterns + pets, two of my fave things. Love it :)

14. Real great rugs. A rug can make the difference in a room. Very inspirational.

15. Megan says:

Thanks so much for loving my rugs as much as I do!! My African rug can really take a beating, it’s awesome. And, I love all of these incredible rugs that you’ve featured & the super cuteh pets, too!

16. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a
    blog that’s equally educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the
    nail on the head. The issue is something too few people
    are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy I stumbled across this in my
    hunt for something regarding this.

17. Awesome post! I am totally hooked on Turkish Craft Arts on etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/TurkishCraftsArts?ref=pr_faveshops) for amazing rug selection and decent prices. This is the first place I am going to go when I can finally afford to buy!!

18. Simply lovely. I’m loving that these rugs are in real-live people’s homes! The intimacy of home shines through. Cedar and Hyde, I want you as a retailer for my dinnerware!

19. I just purchased a few rugs from Etsy TurkishKilim

for my living room and kitchen and for my hallway amazing and beautiful breath taking colors
    Turkish Kilims are so nice for the home decoration