30 Amazing Rugs from D*S Readers

DesignSponge Reader Rugs
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from admiring people’s entries to the #DSNiceRug challenge on Instagram, it’s that people with great rugs often have great homes. And great cats. It felt like nearly every entry had a cat (and a few adorable dogs) featured prominently. And for that, Turk and I send a big furry high-five. I was quite frankly blown away by the amount of beautiful rugs submitted to this particular hashtag challenge and had SUCH a great time sifting through them. Thank you SO much to everyone who sent in their rugs and I’m so thrilled to show off 30 of our favorites here today. Rugs for everyone! xo, grace

*And don’t worry, we emailed pretty much everyone in this list to ask about a Sneak Peek!

This post was brought to you by Kilim.com, offering amazing new, vintage and overdyed handmade Turkish rugs direct from the source. See the range here!

Click through for all 30 rugs after the jump!

Image above: Gemma Cagnacci submitted SO many gorgeous rugs. And cats. You’ll see many more of her images below, too.

Image above: Jill Danyelle (a DS Sneak Peek favorite) submitted this beautiful rug.

Image above: A beautiful rug and an equally beautiful cat in Tara Ridgdell‘s home.

Image above: Another lovely rug in Gemma’s home.

Image above: And another beauty from Jill’s home, too.

Image above: Gemma’s cats are competing for cutest thing in these photos.

Image above: A sweet little dog on a colorful rug in Jennifer Harrison‘s home.

Image above: I love this modern grey and white rug at Cedar & Hyde Mercantile

Image above: Another photo from Jill Danyelle‘s home.

Image above: Gemma‘s shoes briefly steal a moment from the cats.

Image above: Meg G‘s patterned living room rug.

Image above: Aelfie (owner of a beautiful rug design company in Brooklyn) naturally had some great rugs to share.

Image above: Stitch & Hammer‘s guest room looks so beautiful and minimal- but with a great pop of pattern from the rug.

Image above: A gold rug at Sabin‘s home.

Image above: Jordan Rutledge Long has a great bedside rug.

Image above: Lily Stockman shared an adorable speckled dog on two patterned rugs.

Image above: Emma Fineman fell in love with these rugs in LA.

Image above: More from Gemma– I seriously envy her rug collection.

Image above: J. Taurtiz has some wonderfully aged rugs with a lot of character.

Image above: This one (brought home from a trip to Africa), from Meg G, might be my favorite.

Image above: Emily at The Sweet Beast is setting off major cute dog (and rug) alerts.

Image above: Sophia Moreno-Bunge‘s rug (and bougainvillea) is stunning.

Image above: This stack from Aelfie is fantastic.

Image above: A cutie from Tracy Tilly

Image above: Meg G‘s sweet friend on a pretty rug.

Image above: Jen Chu‘s gorgeous bedroom rug. I hope we get to see more of this space!

Image above: A great detail from Colleen Nathanson’s rug.

1. SD says:

beautiful!! i don’t think the instagram links are linking properly though. it’s sending me to an instagram login page

2. Jessica S. says:

More like rugs…and “pets”…for everyone! These are fun shots — thanks for curating and sharing them with us.

On a separate (but similar) note, when do you plan to share your #DSLooking favorites? I think I can speak for a few others, when I say that we’re interested to see what kind of small details speak to you.

3. LizA says:

I wish there were links to find these beauties.

1. Grace Bonney says:

Hi guys!

So sorry for the link mixup- I didn’t realize Statigr.am required a login. I just updated all 30 and they’re linking directly to the rug-owner’s Instagram page. Sorry about that!

And Jessica- the #dslooking results go up tomorrow morning :)

4. Courtney says:

Suggestions On Where To find Rugs Like These?

5. Batya says:

Though the round-up is closed, I added my new slippers and rug for fun…mostly since my Haflinger foot coverings (which were just gifted to me for my adoption birthday) have the cutest dog on them. And this summer when we adopt another dog (we lost beloved 15 year old Omar in May), the newest member of our family will likely be taking the place of selfie shoe photos :) This is a cute idea, Grace.

6. adele says:

oh geez.. i need them all! I am rugless, but these are simply gorgeous, especially the black and white one from africa.

7. Della says:

That leopard cat stole the show! Pretty.

8. KH_Tas says:

Sadly, the only rug we have at the moment is not attractive, but when my handmade braided rug is finally finished, there will be wide sharing of photos (possibly containing a kitty)

9. Barb says:

I love the grey and cream rug from Cedar & Hyde, wonderful mercantile
    In Boulder Colorado.

10. Thanks for the rug love, Grace and Amy!

In case anyone is on the hunt for a SUPER durable, beautifully made hand-woven cotton dhurrie, I can’t recommend Madeline Weinrib enough. Expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for and she often has sales (I got my Amagansett for 40% off in a sample sale). Ours (pictured above with spotted dog and spotted pants) has endured countless wine/food/mud mishaps but cleans up easily and only gets more beautiful with wear. Indestructible and great for high traffic areas with messy humans and rough-housing pets. Madi has a great Instagram feed, too. Her showroom is at ABC Carpet & Home in New York.

11. Erin says:

I love the ones in the Lily Stockman photos. I need more rugs desperately!

12. Thank you for including our guest room rug as one of your favorites. There are so many good ones here. LOVE Lily’s rugs! The custom design rugs from the ladies over at Cedar & Hyde are incredible as well.

13. Omigosh this post makes me so happy! Patterns + pets, two of my fave things. Love it :)

14. Real great rugs. A rug can make the difference in a room. Very inspirational.

15. Megan says:

Thanks so much for loving my rugs as much as I do!! My African rug can really take a beating, it’s awesome. And, I love all of these incredible rugs that you’ve featured & the super cuteh pets, too!

16. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a
    blog that’s equally educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the
    nail on the head. The issue is something too few people
    are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy I stumbled across this in my
    hunt for something regarding this.

17. Awesome post! I am totally hooked on Turkish Craft Arts on etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/TurkishCraftsArts?ref=pr_faveshops) for amazing rug selection and decent prices. This is the first place I am going to go when I can finally afford to buy!!

18. Simply lovely. I’m loving that these rugs are in real-live people’s homes! The intimacy of home shines through. Cedar and Hyde, I want you as a retailer for my dinnerware!

19. I just purchased a few rugs from Etsy TurkishKilim

for my living room and kitchen and for my hallway amazing and beautiful breath taking colors
    Turkish Kilims are so nice for the home decoration