10 Cute Poufs

DesignSponge Pouf Roundup
One of my new favorite developments at home has been Hope’s tendency to perch herself on top of Julia’s tiny red knitted pouf in order to look out the window. I was never a big fan of poufs, but now I keep spotting them in stores and wanting to bring them home so I can create more tiny perches for Hope around the house. So today I thought I’d roundup 10 Cute Poufs I wouldn’t mind adding to our home to add a little extra seating- even if it’s just Hope using them most of the time. From stripes and Moroccan leather poufs to vintage Kilim rug, faux fur and burlap poufs, there’s something here for every style. And, if you’d prefer to make your own we have two tutorials on D*S for making poufs/beanbags that let you customize things or save a little money if you’d prefer to make something on your own. xo, grace

Click through for all 10 poufs after the jump…

33b337b0feac67d8e214a66396084c44

Image above: Moroccan Kilim poufs $156+ each

d8d7a9594ca8d982d4efd9b0d4f6a0e3
Image above: Moroccan Wedding Blanket Pouf $575

img16c
Image above: Round swirl felt pouf $159

fdbad43ac3cee7c8577a06cc1be84026
Image above: Striped Pouf $116 (Available in other colors)

0621202e8a092233106dac1963425bcf
Image above: Kilim Pouf $89.99

e3ea49cf6bbfd09d10a273bc12a0fe0f
Image above: Leather Pouf $275 (available in MANY more colors)

d2aae5b357f8f9ae4930c4973dbbaf68
Image above: Burlap Pouf $125

1. Amy says:

I like these! This would make a good sewing machine DIY.

2. Kris says:

Hi Grace – love these – can you fix the captions as some don’t relate to the product shown above?

1. Grace Bonney says:

Sorry about that, Kris! They’re fixed now.

Grace :)

3. The round swirl felt pouf at West Elm is very tempting, especially at the price! Poufs are great, I’d love to make my own sometime. I’ve seen tutorials where you knit or crochet a ball and then take an old duvet and stuff it inside.

4. Kristin S. says:

Kind of pretty aren’t they?! I wonder – How heavy are these usually? What do you think they are stuffed with?

5. Sophie says:

LOVE these! Would you do a pouf DIY? I’d love to get stuck in. Actually- what is inside a pouf…?

1. Grace Bonney says:

sophie

we did do a diy- it’s in the text above ;)

grace

6. Michelle says:

These are great – I especially like the kilim pouf. I’m with Sophie – a DIY pouf blog post would be amazing!

7. Alice says:

This post comes at a perfect time! I have an empty spot in my living/office area and have been thinking about poufs, so thanks for sharing these :)

8. Shay says:

Love some of the poufs listed, a few I haven’t seen before. Like the Kilim Pouf from Target but sadly its link isn’t working.

1. Grace Bonney says:

shay

i’m so sorry- it’s showing on their page, but the direct link keeps breaking. i think it may be sold out? so sorry.

grace