Despite my best efforts, today’s No-Buy Gift Guide got away from me. So on Monday I will post all of my favorite no-buy, last-minute DIY ideas. Things practically anyone can make, do or cobble together with their own two hands to celebrate friends and loved ones for the holidays. I always love the idea of doing something sweet for someone rather than buying them something, so hopefully this guide will come in handy for anyone still stumped on gifts and looking to avoid the insanity that is retail shopping the last few days before Christmas.
To provide some visual relaxation and respite from holiday stress, I wanted to end this week with a little something special from artist Jee Young Lee. Jee transforms her studio space into incredible dreamscapes that feel as if they’re made digitally, but are actually made from paper and everyday materials. In her hands, paint and paper are turned into magical plants, underwater creatures and all sorts of beautiful spaces that seem like the perfect escape from a stressful work day. I found these images so inspiring, just watching them makes me feel relaxed. I hope they’ll be as inspiring and calming for you as they were for me this afternoon. We’ll be back on monday with more home tours, DIY gift ideas and a few final projects and entertaining ideas for the New Year. Have a wonderful weekend! xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Must Read: 5 Great Ebooks for Fireside Reading + Top Sites to Download Free Ebooks
- Holiday Escape: DIY Gift Wrap Get-Together, Indoor Movie Screening + S’mores 3 Ways and Invite Freebie
- 2013 Gift Guides: Kitchen Tools for The Home Cook, 20 Must-Have Made in America Gift Ideas, Packages, Boxes, and Tins for DIY Gifts, Gifts for Groups, Couples, and Families, Last-Minute Gifts: Ideas to Keep Around The House (Just in Case…)
- Biz Ladies Profile: How To Tap Into Your Core Message To Grow Your Business
- Biz Ladies: Dominique Caron of Caru Skincare Co.
- City Guide: Ottawa, Canada
- Human/House/Harvey: Fringe
- In the Kitchen With: PieTisserie’s Chestnut Cream Pie
- Before and After: Cartolina’s End Grain Block Flooring, A Bedroom Freshened with, you guessed it, Black and White!
- Sneak Peeks: A Minimalist Nashville Abode Home to a Textile Designer, In Winnipeg, an Inspired Home Inside and Out, Vintage Modern in San Francisco, TBD: A San Francisco Restaurant That Celebrates The Transient
- DIY Projects: Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers, Fabric Gift Envelopes
- Design Icon: Alvar Aalto Vase
- Misc.: Birdbnb
Click through for more images of Jee Young Lee’s work after the jump…