DIY Project: Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers

DIY Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers 3
I’m mining the Rijksmusuem’s collection again for the loveliest, snowiest winter scenes — perfect for another easy gift wrap idea. In fact, you may not even need to do any supply shopping to put this idea into action, and each package is literally a work of art. -Mandy Pellegrin

The full how-to continues after the jump!

MATERIALS:
-photo paper
-satin ribbon

TOOLS:
-home printer
-craft knife
-ruler
-cutting mat

Directions:

1. Download and print out your favorite winter scene paintings from the Rijks Studio. I’ve rounded up over 40 beautiful works here. Size appropriately for your packages by adjusting the % scale in the print dialogue box or importing and resizing in a word processing program.

2. Trim each painting leaving a 1/4″ white border.

DIY Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers - Step 2
DIY Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers - Step 3

3. Cut slits just wider than your satin ribbon in the center-top and bottom of each painting.

DIY Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers - Step 4

4. Slip the satin ribbon through the slits and wrap around your packages.

DIY Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers 1

DIY Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers 2

DIY Winter Scene Painting Gift Toppers 4

1. Sheela says:

Wauw, that looks beautiful!

2. Diane says:

Brilliant! Great way to repurpose used Christmas cards too.

3. cassie says:

this is so cute, I think i’ll use this idea for the front of my scrap book, it has such a plan cover.
    Not anymore…
    thanks guys :)

4. Lindsay says:

What a great idea!

5. rebecca mebane says:

These look so beautiful! Great idea.

6. Susansa says:

This is so beautiful!!! Thank you I think I’ll really have fun wrapping this year.

7. Candi says:

Simply beautiful! Great idea.

8. LilisKitchen says:

This is such a clever idea I’m going to use it wrap a birthday present. I was looking for some inspiration.

9. Kai says:

OMG, I saw something entirely different when I first glanced at the pictures, before I read the description and instructions.
    I thought you were using small covered canvas with the pictures and ribbon around it using them as pictures on the walls.
    I love your idea, but I’m also going to use it as pictures on the walls. Perhaps seasonal specific.

10. brittney says:

@KAI I found this on Pintrest and thought something similar. I like the idea of wrapping paper, but I’d much rather have it has wall art.