DIY Project: Mini Wreath Gift Tags

Mini Wreath Gift Tags_INTRO
We are all busy during the holiday season, so as much as the craftiest among us want to toil over every package, sometimes it’s nice to be able to make a gift unique in a quick and easy way. Thankfully, the craft supply gods are making it easy on us with the advent of wired pine stems (i.e. glorified pipe cleaners), and I’m gladly putting them to use in this easy gift tag project. -Mandy Pellegrin

MATERIALS:
wired pine stems*
cardstock
scissors
pen
tape
satin ribbon

*If you can’t find these at your local craft store, look for a wired garland that you can cut down.

Mini Wreath Gift Tags 7

Directions:

1. Create a circle with each wired pine stem and twist the ends together.

Mini Wreath Gift Tags 6

2. Cut out mini banners from the cardstock, and write your recipients’ names on each banner.

Mini Wreath Gift Tags 5

3. Tape banners onto wreaths.

Mini Wreath Gift Tags 4

4. Attach to gifts with satin ribbon.

Mini Wreath Gift Tags 1

Mini Wreath Gift Tags 2

Mini Wreath Gift Tags 3

1. Amber-Rose says:

These are brilliant! I think I’m going to make mine with sprigs of Rosemary instead though. :)

2. Linda says:

Love this idea! I wanted to do something special this year, and I think I just might have found it :)

3. Beth says:

If you couldn’t find the pine stems, this would also be a great way to recycle an old plastic christmas tree that’s on its last legs. :)

4. Stephanie says:

Great idea and I love the idea of rosemary, Amber-Rose!

5. rebecca m. says:

So charming!

6. So cute. These would look great hanging off brown kraft paper gift bags too!

Janeane

7. Lori Tauraso says:

That is just too darn cute! Thank you – I am to go to my Mother In-laws for christmas eve and these would be great to have for table!…..I’d like to post on my blog/FB page – so lovely and photos are great! Keep it up!

8. Kristin says:

I couldn’t find pipe cleaners at the usual craft stores, but I got lucky and found wired garland ties at The Container Store – ten long ones for $4.29. I cut them in half and made 20 wreaths. They turned out really cute, and I like the fact I can stack packages to travel and they won’t get squished like bows.

9. Kristin says:

I couldn’t find the pipe cleaners at the usual craft stores, but I lucked out at the Container Store (without even trying). They carry these packages of wired garland ties that worked beautifully – $4.29 for 10 – you can make two small wreaths out of each tie. It’s a nice idea because they will pack flat for travel, unlike bows.

10. kate says:

I love this idea so much! Had to share on my blog!

11. Lucía says: