I love that some of sweetest and most creative projects happen this time of year. From meaningful charities to beautiful pop-up art installations and shops, people seem to really open their hearts and minds around the holiday season. One of my favorite art-related surprises this season was Birdbnb. Airbnb decided to hire a wide range of artists to create birdhouse versions of some of their most interesting rental homes on the site. I love this sort of fanciful take on real homes and the idea that these will eventually be turned into homes for (tiny) living creatures. You can see the full range of birdhouses, and read more about them, the artists and the original houses right here. xo, grace

1. Janice says:

these are so adorable they hurt. How about ones for feral cats in the winter? I dream about making a functional one that looks identical to my brownstone – I’d put it right behind my gate in the front yard!

2. Candace says:

Oh to be a bird! Would be worth it for a moment to hang out in the first bnb!

3. Jessica says:

Oh my goodness… these are just too adorable! I’ll have to check these out for my dad… he loves his bird houses/feeders.

4. Hues+Cues says:

What a fantastic concept! The video segment of the birds inside the homes is fabulous. Love Airbnb…and now Birdbnb :)

5. Lynne says:

Thanks for sharing this!!! I am so inspired and in love with this!

6. Love it. Especially the Owl House. Adorbs funky and cool.

7. Super cute, and a great marketing tactic.

8. Jase says:

Ha ha these are brilliant! Miniature grand designs.

9. This is SO COOL! I love the idea that this is a promotion for their (already cool) business, but also gives back to the humans who will enjoy looking at them, and the little birds who will enjoy living in them!