After the Jump: Food + Photography with Matt Armendariz, Julia Turshen & Kristina Gill

MATTKJRADIO
This week’s radio show was so much fun, I wished it could have gone on for hours. One of my favorite people, food photographer, stylist and writer, Matt Armendariz was in town from Los Angeles, so I stole him for a night- along with our resident food expert, Kristina Gill (in town from Rome!) and writer and chef (and my wife…surprise!), Julia Turshen. Between the three of them, they represent so much talent and passion and knowledge, it was fun to ask them about food, photography and how social media has changed both over the past few years. From conversations on Pinterest (and how clients now request Pinterest-friendly images) and Twitter to thoughts on what’s changing in the food industry (hint: it’s becoming less perfect and more real), these three were full of so much useful information. I hope you all enjoy the show and thank you so much for this talented trio for joining me on air.

“It takes a lot more work with the camera to get the photos that Instagram does. I don’t think one will replace the other. They’re complementary.” [8:30]
-Kristina Gill on After the Jump

LISTEN: You can download the podcast on iTunes here, or stream it here on Heritage Radio

Photo credits above: Matt Armendariz, Kristina Gill and Joachim Johnson for Members Only

1. Bshine says:

Waaaaaahhhhhahahahahahahahaaa!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

2. Bshine says:

Oops, I meant to say “Waaaaaahhhhh!!” with excitement, not laughter. Dan autocorrect. Apologies!

3. Meagan says:

I love that this is how you announce. I would have done the same. Mazel tov, you two crazy kids!

4. Joy says:

Whoa, love how you snuck that in there!! Many congrats and best wishes to you and Julia! And I hope we get to hear more about your story. ;-)

5. Amy E says:

Congratulations, your announcements, surprise or otherwise bring a lot of joy!

6. I clapped my hands with glee when you referred to Julia as your wife in Sweet Paul, so hey, congratulations you crazy kids!

7. Michelle says:

A super big congratulations to you and Julia! What a great surprise. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness together.

8. maria says:

huge congratulations to you both!!

9. meghan says:

Yay! Loved getting to know Julia in her collab with GP. Left that cookbook more interested in her than Ms. Paltrow! She’s quite a talented, engaging and inspiring cook/writer. I look forward to listening after work!

10. nora says:

♥ Happiness! Congrats! ♥

11. Lora says:

Instant lesbian power couple! BOOM. :D

12. Erica Nikolaidis says:

Congratulations, Grace!!

13. WOOOH , congratulations Grace and Julia :) Love it.

14. Saffie says:

Mazel Tov! What a catch–for both of you!

15. christine mason says:

Wooooo Hoooooo – congratulations to you both, xo

16. Fran says:

Congratulations Grace! What an amazing way to finish the year! D*Sponge is even more fabulous this year, keep up the fantastic work guys! Best wishes for your holiday season from over in cold rainy Blighty! x