Minimal + Vintage in Brooklyn

Rima Brindamour runs bkstyled a blog about Brooklyn design. She moved into her Clinton Hill apartment in June 2012 and since then has been working to create an apartment that was warm, vibrant and comfortable. A space that reflects her personal taste and incorporates meaningful objects ( like the vintage pins her grandmother brought back from Mexico that she keeps on  her living room end table, or the gallery wall of postcards from her favorite Brooklyn restaurants). Each piece in her home was carefully chosen over the course of years and remains because it has stood the test of time by being both functional and aesthetic. Like many apartment dwellers, Rima is ruthless about her possessions. She loves getting rid of things and reducing clutter. So if something exists in her apartment, it’s because she really loves it. Thanks, Rima! And a big thank you to Jocelyn Baun for the lovely photographs! –Amy

Image above: The hats are from Amy Lehfeldt, the chair was found on Craigslist, and the dresser is a family heirloom.

Image above: The chair was found on Craigslist, and almost all the picture frames (with the exception of the square wooden frame which was purchased at Anthropologie) were collected during several trips to the Brooklyn Flea (mostly from Chippy Frames) and contain postcards from my favorite Brooklyn restaurants (Maison Premiere, El Almacen, and Bakeri) as well as a few photos of my grandparents, an illustration by Caitlin McGauley, one of my own prints, and other random finds.

See all the images of this Brooklyn home after the jump!

Image above: The mirror is from Wednesday’s Pickup, couch and coffee table were Craigslist finds, plant stand is from the vintedge co., magazine box is from Chippy Frames, coasters are from MONDAYS, lamp and couch pillows are from Urban Outfitters, and the rabbit curtain hook is from Anthropologie.

Image above: My bar is stocked with Brooklyn-made spirits from Greenhook Ginsmiths, Brooklyn Republic Vodka, Breuckelen Distilling’s 77 Whiskey, Brooklyn Winery, Brooklyn Bitters, and Morris Kitchen syrups.

Image above: Chemex coffee maker, IKEA mortar and pestle, edible Brooklyn cookbook, Hawaiian salt block is from The Meadow.

Image above: The desk cart is from IKEA, stool is from Organic Modernism, oversized paper clip is from Gallivanting Girls, Rolodex is from the MOMA store, retro POP phone is from

Image above: The coffee sack was brought back from a trip to Guatemala, garlic dish is from MONDAYS, cutting board is from IN.SEK, pepper mill is from Gallivanting Girls, table and chairs are from IKEA, the pot holder is from Ten Thousand Villages.

Image above: Wooden drafting stools were found on Craigslist, flannel duvet and pillow cases are from Garnet Hill, bed and lamp are from IKEA, catch-all dish is from SKT Ceramics, jewelry is vintage.

Image above: DIY Sharpie wall art, brass pendant light found on

Image above: BAGGU leather tote, yellow mug is from Kate Spade Saturday, magnetic key hooks, bike was found on Craigslist.

1. Candi says:

Love the hammock! Very lovely space.

2. Brittany says:

I think I like everything about this house tour! The wood tones, the dresser in the first pic, the triangle wall, vintage/ repurposed furniture. Very nice.

3. Sarah says:

It’s nice to see this. Pretty much my exact style.

4. Stéphanie says:

Beautiful home. I especially love the sharpie wall art! I honestly thought it was wallpaper until I read that it wasn’t.

5. I can’t even begin to list all the pieces I love… wonderful space!

6. Thanks for the feature! xoxo

7. Emmy says:

Awesome Sharpie wall art! The triangle pattern is lovely.

8. firehorse jane says:

interesting barrel usage.

love the hammock.

9. Nancy D says:

10. chelsea says:

Beautiful mix of textures, colors, and details. I feel good when I look at this home.

11. mslewis says:

I like it all, except the barrel. It looks so out of place and masculine. Everything else seems very personal. Nice finds. Perhaps a rug would look nice on the living room floor.

(Hope I didn’t say too much that’s negative. )

12. rebecca m. says:

This is such a cute and personal space. Something about it just seems so warm & inviting :)

13. Christine M says:

I love what she’s done with her space and how she makes everything so warm and personable. Here’s a place to take my mind off of the rest of the world and relax!

14. Lulu says:

Love the hammock, have one myself and could spend all summer on it!

15. The wood furniture and accessories give the place a touch of warmth that contrasts nicely with the white walls.

16. Jen says:

I’ll have one of everything please…..

17. Cindy says:

May I ask where the pillow on the chair in the first pic is from>?

18. Jase says:

A big fan of vintage finds. The barrel is a nice touch! Would be cool to see a few more soft furnishings though, some big rugs etc…

19. renae says:

love the style but all the furniture looks really uncomfortable! (except for the hammock) :)

20. Emilie says:

Lovelly decoration, i think that a piece of BRABBU it would perfectly fit there

21. Joe says:

I’m the production manager for greenhook. Thanks for the mention