15 Creative Christmas Trees + Weekly Wrap Up

We got our Christmas tree pretty early this year, so I’ve been indulging in holiday lights and cranberry-garlands a little longer than normal. Trees and greenery are my favorite part of holiday decorating, so I decided to round up some fantastic examples of creative Christmas trees to end this week. Whether you’re finished decorating or are still heading out to pick up a tree, hopefully these ideas will get you in the mood for a little holiday greenery. Bonus, there are some great ideas in here that don’t involve actual trees (washi tape trees? book page trees? why not!), so if you’re allergic or just don’t want to deal with tree clean-up, there’s something in here for you, too. Happy holidays! xo, grace

Image sources above, clockwise from top left: Tissue Paper Tree via Curbly, Washi Tape Tree via Escarabajos Bichos y Mariposas, Driftwood Log Tree via Trendir, Tiny bucket tree via La Petite Cuisine, Photo tree via Style at Home

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

Click through for 10 More Creative Christmas Tree Ideas…

Image above: Tree made with Christmas lights by Ikea

Image above: Frame Christmas tree by Jubiltree

Image above: A beautiful white tree from Coco + Kelley’s office

Image above: I love this frosted tree (via Design Rulz)

Image above: Book page tree via Estilo Nordico

Image above: Tree by Kara Rosenlund

Image above: Swag Christmas Tree by Building 25/Free People

Image above: Tabletop trees via Enjoy Your Home

Image above: Wall tree via Nicety

Image above: A Charlie Brown-style tree (but grander) via Traditional Home

1. Great ideas, especially love the book page tree!

2. Erin says:

Wow! Fantastic trees. I especially like the ideas that will work for smaller spaces!

3. Jen says:

These are such fun–so charming and whimsical. Thank you!

4. maggie says:

That driftwood tree is amazing!

5. These are some great ideas– especially for homes that might be too small for a Christmas tree. I love the wall tree!

6. Gina Palha says:

Really amazing! Christmas is all about love + simplicity + uniqueness! These examples represent just that! Cheers, for sharing :)

7. Nina Joy says:

Love the bookpage and swag christmas trees. Thanks for sharing.
    Blog hug Nina Joy

8. Sara says:

Wow, really beautiful.
    One of my traditions is to put a tree in horizontal position on top of my kitchen cabinets. http://slotttillsalu.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/DSCF4489.jpg

9. Alison says:

Some lovely ideas.
    I love the book page tree!

10. Katy Gilmore says:

I love these clever trees – thank you!

11. They are all terrific. We are in a sort of ‘transition’ at home this year, and a large tree and elaborate arrangements just aren’t appropriate. I love the idea of a few braches in a lovely vase. Thank you :-)

12. preeti says:

Love the light tree by ikea. :)

13. sue says:

Neat ideas. I really like them all but the most unique is the frame with the red berry vines on it. So cleaver with the presents below it.

14. COCOCOZY says:

Chalkboard tree is a favorite!

15. Love these! Some interesting ideas for next Christmas. The driftwood tree and frame tree look promising.

16. Alex says:

Great collection!
    Hhere is our creative Christmas Tree, made from vinyl records:

17. Desire says:

I’m a supporter of real Christmas trees, but I won’t mind having one of these at the office or even a home, as part of Christmas decorations. I really liked the idea with the book pages pasted on the wall to create a Christmas tree, and the one with the fairy lights. They may not feel the same as a real tree, but definitely make you think about Christmas.
    Thanks for sharing!!