Thanksgiving Table: Victoria Smith

Last week, we relaunched our Thanksgiving Table series and asked some of our favorite artists, designers, and bloggers to send us their interpretations of the classic Thanksgiving table. To prove that you can get creative even with the most basic items (and to add a little bit of a challenge to the mix), West Elm gifted each of our wonderful table-setters with a set of plain white dinnerware to use on their tables. The results were as varied as they were beautiful.

Today’s Thanksgiving table comes to us courtesy of one of the team’s favorite bloggers—Victoria Smith of the wonderful SF Girl By BayAlthough Thanksgiving tables are usually filled with deep, moody autumnal colors, Victoria opted for the opposite—a palette of bright, light hues, dotted with bits of naturalia.

“I’ve never been a traditionalist when it comes to holiday colors,” Victoria says. “I’m not a big fan of harvest colors, or even ‘green and red’ when it comes to Christmas. So, for my Thanksgiving table, I thought I’d bring a little of the outdoors inside. I collected mossy pine branches from my local dog park and added small bouquets of fragrant herbs to the table—they smell so great! I used a large piece of linen as a tablecloth, added vintage linen napkins, and used large Sage-like leaves as napkin ‘rings’ and tied them with natural twine. I added another leaf to the center of the bowl and rested a persimmon there for a pop of color. A few candles, and voilá — we’re ready to give thanks for all the beautiful food and peace of mind we get from nature.”

Check out all of the photos of Victoria’s beautiful table setting after the jump! —Max

thanksgivingtable_victoria_2 thanksgivingtable_victoria_3 thanksgivingtable_victoria_4 thanksgivingtable_victoria_5 thanksgivingtable_victoria_6

Also, be sure to check out the rest of this year’s Thanksgiving Table designs:

1. Julia says:

Is that sage? Genius!

2. Thais H says:

So beautiful!

3. Anne says:

Are persimmons a San Francisco thing? My uncle in Oakland has been posting pics. I have no idea what they are like.

4. Anne says:

It’s such an elegant way to set a table! Not unsurprising given that Victoria has impeccable taste, but still very refreshing.

5. Brandyn says:

Love this simple and clean look.

6. Jessica says:

Looking at these pics, I can almost smell how fragrant that room must be. Love it!

7. Eva says:

You can “read” the seeds of a persimmon to divine what kind of winter you’re in for: spoon shaped means a lot of snow, knife means cutting wind and ice, and a fork means light snow.

8. thanks so much everyone! and thanks to grace & max for having me.

thais – i think they are called ‘bunny ears’ – but looked like sage to me!

and, i’ve never eaten a persimmon, i just thought they looked pretty. :)

9. Love it simply beautiful ,

10. Shevon says:

I also love this modern and rustic table setting. Lovely!