Today is the biggest travel day of the year. Chances are, you’re about to get a car, plane or travel. I’m hoping to beat the traffic down to Virginia by leaving on Thursday morning. (Cross your fingers for me!) Here are a few of my favorite podcasts to keep you entertained while you travel. And if you’re staying home, you can listen while you cook. The added benefit, is that you’ll end up with something interesting to talk about at the Thanksgiving table. And I’m always looking for more podcasts so please, please leave your favorites in the comments. -Amy
- 99% Invisible | A Tiny Radio Show about Design with Roman Mars – One of my absolute favorite podcasts, 99% Invisible focuses on the design activity that is nearly invisible to us. One of my favorite shows focused on the sound design of the digital world – like why does your ipod make a click when you turn it on.
- After the Jump – For the last (almost!) two years, our own Grace Bonney has been hosting a radio show/podcast on Heritage Radio. She’s interviewed everyone from Todd Oldham to the girls from Of a Kind and Sibella Court tackled topics like the Importance of Real Life Connections and The Importance of Being Present.
- Design Matters – industry-leading graphic designers, change agents, artists, writers and educators (Grace was on the show back in 2011!)
- Stuff You Should Know Podcasts – The name of the podcast is pretty self explanatory. The recent episode on “Is there a scientific formula for funny?” (Things I learned: You are 30 times more likely to laugh when you’re with someone else. And chimpanzees and rats laugh!)
- The Memory Palace – The perfect podcast for history buffs. Episode vary from super short (2 min.) to short (6 min) but it’s guaranteed to be fascinating