Design Sponge Fall Wedding

Few things inspire me quite like fall colors. While we were planning our posts for November, we kept seeing beautiful photos of rich, wine-colored dahlias and peonies. As much as I love a soft pastel flower, there’s something about deep purples and reds that feel so dramatic and stunning this time of year. So, inspired by that color palette, we decided to put together our own dream wedding with the help of our friends! We made some calls to our friends at Terrain and they were kind enough to let us use their Styer’s location to create our favorite versions of a fall wedding tabletop, backdrop and flowers. As much as we love a beautiful photograph, we wanted this wedding to be full of DIY ideas that were easy to reproduce for your own special event (or any fun party- it doesn’t need to be a wedding). So over the course of this week, we’ll be sharing a handful of great DIYs from this wedding, including a cake decoration, floral dog collar, fruit votives, gold leafed salt cellars and much more. Thank you so much to one of our favorite wedding photographers Jorge de la Barra for traveling with us to Philadelphia to photograph this story. Not only did he help us bring this shoot to life, he’s also giving away a free engagement session photoshoot in NYC! So if you’re in the NYC area (or are willing to travel here). You will be able to enter the contest on Friday over at Style Me Pretty. We’ll post the details later this week. (In the meantime, you can check out his work here) Thanks again to our friends at Terrain, our awesome friend models Brian and Melissa, the best dog model ever, Seymour Soslow,  Ginny Branch Stelling and Sullivan Owen for helping our wine-colored wedding dreams come true. xo, grace

Photographer: de la Barra Photography | Flowers: Sullivan Owen | Styling Consultation and Project Design: Ginny Branch Stelling | Cake: Lael Cakes  | Bride: Melissa Moy | Groom: Brian Sullivan | Hair and Make-up: Jessica Pineda | Dress: the Laverne Gown by Catherine Deane | Sash: Abelia Sash by Moyna exclusively for BHLDN | Shoes: Diamond-Dipped Heels | Blusher: Dahlia Blusher by Sara  Gabriel | Bracelet: Nanette Bracelet by Ben-Amun for BHLDN (launches 11/05, a similar style is the Luna Bracelet | Block Printed Tablecloth | Plates: Hatched edge dinner plates| Flatware: Rose Gold Flatware | Location: Terrain, Glen Mills, PA

See more of our Fall Wedding after the jump!

1. Nikki says:

I love the dark colors for weddings. I used burgundy and black with some pink for my wedding and I though the dramatic effect of the darker colors was gorgeous.

2. Sally says:

OMG that dog.

3. Claudine says:

I want to get married again just to be able to wear that dress!!!

4. Elizabeth W says:

Wow. Every little detail. Just plain Wow-Gorgeous in its stunning, elegant, simplicity!

5. Tatiana says:

I so love the colours of that bouquet! Makes the whole look so much more intense. And that dress is also divine!

6. Beatrice says:

Stunning dress! A beautiful bride and a gorgeous wedding.

7. sil says:

so beautiful… congrats!

8. Kate says:

Obsessed with this. Gorgeous bride with a leather jacket and bulldog. All I want my life to involve :)

9. cheyenne says:

so pretty!
    xo, cheyenne

10. demo says:

Beautiful flowers!
    You’re right with those autumn colors!

11. Kiki says:

AMAZING…. simply overwhelmingly beautiful
    wonderful photography, stunningly beautiful people, gorgeous dog (!), terrific details, great setting – LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

12. Andrea says:

Ah so beautiful! I love the Mad Men style suit. She looks super gorgeous no frills classic.

13. There is something about the deep colours of Autumn, the reds, plums and greens, that can make things feel just a little bit decadent. This shoot brings that feeling right to the foreground while still managing to have an accessible feel. I’m really looking forward to the DIY posts later this week to get more ideas of how to bring this to life for my own parties.

14. Trina says:

Absolutely gorgeous. Well done.

15. Jess says:

This is cute and everything but brides please, pick a bouquet that is not going to distract from you. That thing here is huge, and it totally overpowers the lovely girl.

16. Sue says:

I loved these beautiful wedding photographs! They captured the coming season with subtle lighting and warmth. Absolutely lovely. The pear/votives will definitely be on my Thanksgiving table! Thanks for the inspiring visuals.

17. Margie says:

Such a beautiful shoot! I’m getting married in the (Australian) summer next year but still feel as though I can take some inspiration from this post — love the dress ;)

18. ginny branch says:

Ooh I love that bouquet! So stunning. I love a drape-y, victorian-esque bouquet and a bride with the confidence to carry one. Beautiful Sullivan!

19. Nadine says:

Beautiful dress! And the burgundy is a very nice color touch in the wedding scenery.

20. Sue says:

I love the color of the flowers and the fruit candle holders. Her dress is one of the beautiful I have ever seen. Simple elegance.