I’m so excited for one of Monday’s home tours because it belongs to a friend of mine who lives in the most beautiful gem of an apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan. It’s one of the smallest apartments I’ve visited, but they have done such an amazing job of making the most of the space (scaled-down furniture, mirrors, making the most of windows and light) feel like the most welcoming space ever. I can’t wait to share the full space on Monday, but I wanted to preview it here today. Their bedroom is so sweet and I love the bright pop of yellow that is their dresser. I’m heading out for the weekend, but we’re excited to see you on Monday! Have a wonderful weekend! xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Must Read: Photo 101: Five Tips for Shooting Interiors, How to Create a Fall Table Arrangement with Poppies & Posies, The New Basics: Amy’s 10 Essentials
- A Book By Its Cover: What Is The Book Cover’s Place In The 21st Century?
- City Guide: Anchorage, AK
- Biz Ladies: Three Steps for Giving Up the Guilt
- Biz Ladies Profile: Melissa Joy Manning
- Human/House/Harvey: Leather
- Sneak Peeks: A Tiny Studio Made to Feel Like a Luxurious Hotel Suite, A Jewelry Designer in Brooklyn Fills her Home with Vintage Finds
- DIY Project: Sashiko Sampler Potholders, Painted Floor Runner
- Before and After: A Headboard Is Given A New Life…As A Bench!
- Misc.: Placemats + Napkins by Fort Makers, Monohara Ceramic Collection by House Industries, 11 Chic iPad Cases, 25 Great Cake Stands + 11 Delicious Cake Recipes, 10 Shibori Designs for the Home, 10 Great Dog Coats + DIY Projects, Inspiration Library: Design Brooklyn, 10 Beautiful Cutting Boards, Paola Navone for Crate and Barrel