Faunascape Wall Art

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 8.56.04 AM
For a while I’ve been mildly obsessed with prints and posters that showcase photographs of nature superimposed on something else. As someone who is both a lover of the outdoors and animals, these Faunascape Statement portraits are my favorite example of the superimposed look yet. Designed and made in Denmark, these sweet portraits feature UV-prints on Finnish plywood that comes in the form of a frog, owl, fox, raccoon, rabbit or horses. The fox is my favorite- that face is just to sweet to resist and the beautiful bit of nature that fills his form is gorgeous. Huset is selling these pieces for $26+ each, but you can also check out the text versions below, that feature sayings like ‘You & Me’ on top of nature photography ($87). Click here to check out the animals and here for the statement art. xo, grace

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 8.56.18 AM

1. Laura says:

I know you won’t print this, but I have to say that this is the kind of thing I see on this site for which all I can say is: “what possible need would I have for this item?”

1. Grace Bonney says:

That’s basically asking, “What need do you have for art?”. I can’t begin to answer that question for you personally, but for me, art is a valuable part of enriching my home life. If it’s not for you, feel free to skip and read on for something that’s better suited to your needs.

2. beautiful…good gift ideas!

3. Jenny says:

I really like these but I don’t see the dimensions listed anywhere.

4. Claudia says:

Love these! Any idea how big they are? Not seeing any dimensions on their site.

5. organdie says:

I love these – something to brighten up your day. Art for me is something that makes me smile or brings another emotion to the surface, I don’t think it needs to have a “use” as such, but that’s just me! :)

6. We’re so happy to see the Faunascape plywood prints on Design Sponge :)
    Thanks for all the nice comments – if you’d like to know the dimensions or see more of our work, please have a look at our website:
    Greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark

7. Mae says:

I clicked through the comments so I could write how much I loved the Great Escape print! This is something I could buy, look at everyday and it would make me happy to see nature and think about the possibilities for exploring. So thank you for sharing Grace!

8. These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I’m thinking that raccoon might be the perfect addition to our art for our new apartment…