15 Colorful Front Door Ideas

frontdoors
Now that you’ve got a cute new doormat, your door might get jealous. Why leave all the fun for your feet? Whether you take inspiration from fall foliage colors or just a color you see inside your home, a brightly painted door can be the perfect way to spruce up your home and welcome guests inside. From pink doors to bright yellow doors, I’ve rounded up 15 colorful entrances that will hopefully inspire you to break out the paint and give your door a little makeover. xo, grace

All 15 Doors continue after the jump!

photo(1)
Image above, clockwise from top left: Hand-painted Chinoiserie Door, Pink Door (Belle Maison 23), Orange Door (Lesley Graham), (center) Yellow Martha Stewart Door, Teal Door (Stephanie Wiley Photography)

aeb27536de2bc556eb45b1b0a30b8694
Image above: Yellow Door (Cup Half Full)

9_sibella16
Image above: Sibella Court’s green front door

a9b34daef29610c4f0c04778d8493544
Image above: Hot Pink Door (Impressions)

1016dcae8dfeeddbf3658fc0242e2384
Image above: Cobalt blue door

e22a6aa1783ce9e81273ebcceaa25b25-1
Image above: Purple Door (Bright Bold and Beautiful)

dc5a33e2151f5dfd97b56932e032dc42
Image above: Orange Front Door (Design Once)

417b3e863b3ff427d0d26fffcdafab18
Image above: Peachy red door (Architecture Art Designs)

9d705d465e84076598be1aff9d8b2441
Image above: pale pink door (Rue Magazine)

6_corbin1
Image above: Navy Door

25_tecandchelsea1
Image above: Navy Door with butter yellow trim and green siding

1. kim says:

I love all those doors! I recently painted my front door bright teal: http://azulhome.com/2013/08/07/paint-your-front-door/

2. Brittney says:

That pink door is in Marblehead. I have a shot of it here…http://instagram.com/p/bv57-BCJyh/. Is it a store? You have it listed as Belle Maison? It’s beautiful.

3. Love a bright front door! Ours is bright blue!

4. Katie says:

Really love that peachy red door! I painted mine a bluish glossy black this past Sprint to contrast with my aqua-gray exterior. Still love it!

5. Jen says:

These are wonderful. In Provincetown there is a dark pink door in a shingle house that I love, land also a pumpkin orange one in a brown house. They really stand out in my memories of all the charming houses.

6. Rose says:

I adore all of these. Most of these homes see like a variation of grey, white, blue or charcoal. However, my dutch colonial is an very muted orangey brick. Any suggestions? Please do not say orange. I would love to do all the window casings and the upper level wood a different color too.

7. Any suggestions for a colorful front door on a red brick house? Would love to paint ours but struggling with the brick.

8. Lauren@lovelyLark. We have the same problem. Our house is mid century modern red brick and we are going to use Hague Blue by Farrow and Ball.

9. Shay says:

For brick I’d also suggest various blue shades; red brick darker blue, orange brick brighter blue.

I love just about all of these doors. Lots of ideas for when we replace our front door.

10. victoria says:

I really love all the doors featured but natural brick is difficult. I’m not a big fan of blue so consider what you paint the trim around the door and pick a color that will contrast nicely with that. My husband and I live in a brick row home in Philadelphia. We painted our trim in a grey-green and our front door in a rich, bright coral. It definitely stands out against the brick and we’ve had nothing but positive comments from the neighbors.

11. Leah Bridge says:

I have the largest coloured door fetish! Even have a Pinterest board purely dedicated to them. Thanks for feeding my obsession ;) x

12. Ashley says:

Thanks for this post! My husband wants to paint our front door (it’s black) but is not too adventurous. I’m trying to persuade him to go out on a limb and do something outrageous. We have the problem of living in a very very cookie cutter split level: red brick below yellow siding. So boring!! What can you do with that?! Any suggestions are totally welcome!!

13. Scooter says:

Love these doors. Just painted mine bright green! Looks awesome.

14. Knucklehead says:

Love those doors! Recently went out of my way to drive past a gray house with a pink door, and was so disappointed to find it repainted (black). These are cute and an inspiration.

15. dalescarden says:

I think our doors represent who we are and how much money we have in our pocket, but sometimes, the door theles us that “Hey, come in”.

16. Dale says:

I so miss my red door…. especially now that I’ve seen all these wonderful ones!

17. Carey Bishop says:

Love these doors. I want to go bold with my two from doors. My house is a med grey with white trim and black shutters. I was thinking either the yellow or orange door. What is the brand and color of each of these please?