10 Shibori Designs for the Home

10shiboridesigns
I’ve been on an indigo kick for a while now, so I thought I’d check out one of the techniques that really makes that color shine: Shibori. Shibori is a Japanese dying technique that uses a series of binding, stitching, folding or twisting moves to create a pattern (similar to tie dye). I’ve loved seeing contemporary designers like Rebecca Atwood use this technique with such sophisticated results. Combining that technique with a rich indigo color always makes me weak in the knees, so here are 10 pieces that are currently on my wishlist. Some are proper shibori technique and others are just shibori-inspired. If you’re looking to learn simple shibori techniques, click here for a quick and easy DIY. xo, grace

Image above, top to bottom: Rebecca Atwood Pillow $150, Landscape Shibori Plate $125, Shibori Pet Bowl $27.95

shibor2
Image above, clockwise from top left: Shibori Bedding $99.99+, Indigo Dye Kit $40, Shibori Wallpapers, Shibori iPhone Case $35

More shibori designs continue after the jump…

bb84ad4981bcd871fb7f722db1b19ebc
Image above: Shibori pouf $248

1661a273ebef11d1898fe6df57f8f131
Image above: Shibori Tote $225

c27a9bab63784ed2258a624de28f2b1c
Image above: Shibori baby blanket $150

1. juni says:

oh I love this post! I’m a big fan of shibori and rebecca atwood. that baby blanket is gorgeous

2. Gillianne says:

I’ve loved this color combo since Arabia came out with its cobalt and white pieces long ago. As someone who sews, I can’t make myself pay that much for a pillow, no matter how gorgeous, but oh, you’ve picked out some gorgeousness here!

3. Greenpitu says:

I feed my love for Shibori following this blog! http://tetsukuri.wordpress.com/ ps. I want the iphone case too!

4. rebecca mebane says:

These are so pretty!

5. Rebecca says:

Thank you so much for including me in this! I love the pouf and baby blanket too.

6. I love the comforter, pouf, baby blanket and pillow. There is just something about Shibori textiles. Rebecca’s work is incredibly beautiful.

7. sarah says:

My friend just started a shop selling beautiful shibori-dyed furoshiki and tenugui: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DotterStudio