10 Coasters that Do More than Protect Your Table

coaster
We have a simple coaster DIY project coming up later this afternoon so we’re starting off the morning with some coaster favorites that add a little style while they protect your furniture. Coasters used to be something that I associated with fussiness so I love this casual fun ones. I’m curious. Do you use coasters on a regular basis? –Amy

Get all the links and more coasters after the jump!

Image above: 1. cloud coaster $12.42 | 2. marbled cat coaster $30 | 3. slate coaster set $12 | 4. confetti felt coaster set $20 | 5. stone forest coaster $12 | 6. smokey clouds coaster $35

cloudcoaster
Image above: ceramic cloud coaster $26

nibblecoaster
Image above: Nibble coaster $18

woodconstellationcoaster
Image above: wood constellation coaster set $30

coasterset
Image above: mojave letterpress coasters $20

1. Never been a fan of coasters, but those nibble coasters might change my mind!

2. Jess says:

We were gifted a set of beautiful agate coasters by a friend after our wedding, so even though our coffee table is a total piece and protecting it from water rings is a moot point (it’s used as an ottoman by us and, in the past, a chew toy by our dogs), I can’t help but love using them every day.

3. stephk says:

I started respecting the wood with coasters once I invested in a beautiful MCM teak coffee table. Now I’m obsessed!

4. Miranda says:

I didn’t care about coasters until I spent hours sanding, staining, and poly-ing our coffee table, and now my house is like that episode of curb your enthusiasm- “respect the wood!”

5. Allyson says:

What fun coasters. I like using coasters and I find that most times when I have people over for a get together or dinner party, guests really like using them too (no worries of water/condensation stains). These designs are fun, practical and chic; any of them would look fabulous in a table setting or interior decor.

6. Allie says:

My husband and I both work at the same glass top desk, so we started using coasters instead of constantly cleaning coffee rings off the surface.

However we don’t use them on our coffee table- it’s a scuffed up metal trunk that I adore- the more wear and tear the better, I say.

7. rebecca mebane says:

I love the constellation set!

8. BeeJay says:

I have found that coasters need to be of softish material, such as cork or rubber. The hard ones made of stone or ceramic often leave a dent in the wooden surface if the guest tries to move them and isn’t paying attention to placing them on the table carefully. (probably the same person who wouldn’t notice they shouldn’t put a hot cup on a wooden surface too.)