10 Beautiful Cutting Boards

Last year I invested in a beautiful cutting board from Ariele Alasko and it’s been some of the best money I’ve spent in ages. Not only does it get more beautiful with use and a little bit of age on it, but it makes just about any meal, snack or condiment look gorgeous. Simple avocado & egg toasts? Beautiful. Pear cake? Stunning. Figs and ricotta? Ready for a photoshoot. Investing in a beautiful board has made me take my meals more seriously and put more care and time into really appreciating the food I’m about to eat. So I thought I’d round up some other truly beautiful cutting boards, from inexpensive plastic versions to investment-worthy hardwood options. I hope there will be something in here for everyone- your morning toast will thank you. xo, grace {Image above: Lostine cutting boards, $96+}

*If you’d prefer to make your own cutting board, check out this DIY tutorial for homemade cutting boards.

All sources and more cutting board options after the jump!

Image above, clockwise from top left: Engraved Cutting Board $35, Modern Stump Cutting Board $55, Patched Cutting Board $51, Arrow Cutting Board $145 (Amelie makes these and they sell out same-day. Sign up for her newsletter to get word about the next batch for sale!), Geoffrey Lilge Cutting Board (email for available size/price offerings), Marimekko Cutting Board $31.50

Image above: Chop Saw Cutting Board $39

Image above: Leather Strap Cutting Boards $72+

Image above: Vintage Spade Cutting Board $120 (Love this!)

Image above: Bird’s Eye Maple Board $160

1. Anni says:

Disappointed to not see Blackcreek mercantile boards featured!

2. Jessica S. says:

These really are pretty. But, I have to be honest… Every time I’ve ever come across a beautiful cutting board and contemplated buying it, I’ve put it back on the shelf.

I’d feel a little guilty, as I use it for food-preparation. Like I’m destroying a piece of art or something.

Am I alone, on this?

1. Grace Bonney says:

i felt that way about my ariele piece until i actually started using it. it’s like a new car, once it gets a little ding or scratch you get comfortable and used to it. i love that my cutting board has little nicks and scratches in it now. i clean it well, oil it and it looks better every time.

3. Jessica S. says:

I’ll keep this in mind, the next time I find myself faced with this decision! Thanks for the feedback, Grace.

4. Deborah says:

I love these walnut cutting boards on etsy. They are really simple, but they are perfect in their own way. https://www.etsy.com/listing/153582835/locally-salvaged-walnut-cutting-board?

5. The arrow cheese board is beautiful!

6. Linda says:

They are absolutely stunning!
    Last holiday I bought one made of olive word, that was a beauty to!

7. Tom B says:

How about the buoy boards in the header image? Where are those available? They are amazing!

1. Grace Bonney says:

they’re in the text above :)

8. Hi Grace,

Thanks for including my board in this great survey, my boards can now be found at http://www.OnOurTable.ca , our new company..

Cheers, Geoff