10 Beautiful Book-Inspired Designs + Our Favorite Reads Right Now

As the temperatures start to drop, staying inside seems like an increasingly better idea. Days spent out in the park have given way to days spent snuggled up under blankets and few things provide better company than a good book (and some hot cider). I asked my teammates what they’re reading this winter and decided to share our top ten must-reads for the winter, along with 10 book-inspired designs. Hopefully you’ll find something to read- or decorate with- that suits your mood. If only I had a fireplace to light up and snuggle in front of. One day… xo, grace

Our team must-reads: Grace: A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming, The Middlesteins, Shady Characters: The Secret Life of Punctuation, Symbols, and Other Typographical Marks, On Paper: The Everything of Its Two-Thousand-Year History, Storm Kings, Caitlin: Derek Jarman’s Chroma: A Book on Color, Amy: Weaving a Future: Tourism, Cloth and Culture on an Andean Island, Roy G. Biv, Max: In Praise of Slowness

Product image above, top to bottom: Lamp by Myung-Seo Kang, Tracy Kendall Paperback wallpaper, Bookworm Throw Pillow $20, Vintage Book iPhone Charger $68

More book-inspired products after the jump…

Image above: Hermes Bibliotheque Furnishing Fabric

Image above: Genuine Fake Wallpaper by Abigail Ahern$295.50

Image above: Perforated bookmark paper $3

Image above: Bookworm Tray $21

Image above: Ceramic Books vase $160

Image above: By The Book pendant $78

Image above: BookBook MacBook cover $80+

1. I’ve always wanted to do a room wallpapered with faux books! Love that look.

2. HB says:

That super cute hanging ‘book’ lamp is to die for. I think I feel a craft project coming on!!!

3. Love the book-book mac cover.

4. maudia lanzotti says:

I am a librarian and am wearing my Tommy Hilfiger bookshelf print dress. So entertaining!

5. Diana says:

I love the book pendant and the macbook cover! Beautiful designs and great gift ideas.

6. Cher says:

I have a book coffee table. It’s the best thing ever! (and only took me 7 years to hunt dow) http://instagram.com/p/W-u47-NWUX/

7. Joy says:

Ahh, this bookworm loves this roundup. :-)

If you are ever in Los Angeles, you must check out the incredible book art installations at the Last Bookstore. It is a gem and one of places I miss most since moving to Canada!

8. Becca Dunn says:

Ohh, that book/iPhone charger is so DIY-able! I guess I have a new weekend project!

9. I love that book pendant! The pop of color is perfect!

10. Jane says:

I love everything! I’m a librarian and I find it to be perfection when design and books diverge in beautiful and creative ways.

11. OMG, the book lover in me just rejoiced! Fun fact: I once had a designated reading time at a childhood birthday party with books picked out I thought each of my friends would like. Yeah, I was not very popular after that…

12. I want all of them! The hanging lamp and perforated paper bookmarks are my faves.

13. My favorite has to be the Mac Book Covers, Love the old book look, very realistic! What a clever and useful idea! Love it!!!

14. groceries says:

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while yoou amend your website,
    how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear

15. Leanndra says:

The book wallpaper is nice and all, but its not for me. I’d much rather have my room wallpapered with real books! =]