Grace’s Fall Obsessions: The Eyes Have It

Since we’ve been back at work, the talk around our hot pink desk has been all about Fall Obsessions. From what we’re watching to what we’re wearing, we’re all comparing notes and seeing what everyone else is into right now. We’ve already seen Amy’s obsessions (Back to Black) so today we’re on to mine- which is actually a single theme: EYES. Ok, I’ll admit, seeing these all together, they’re a little bit creepy. Maybe a lot. But I tend to occasionally like things on the creepy side and like the challenge of incorporating them into a home without tipping the scale towards ‘scary’. So for my fall obsessions, I’m sharing my favorite eye-themed pieces, preferably with a hand-drawn touch. I prefer that sort of sketchy almost cartoon-like style over the more perfect photographic representation. xo, grace

Image above: Ceramic eye dishes by Leah Goren, $34

John Derian’s Eye Mug $122

Eye fabric $18/yard

Eye paperweight $60

Jonathan Adler Magnifying glass $98

Eye Charm $16

Tri-Eye iPhone case $35

Eye Plate $156

Eye Fabric $17.50/yard

Eye Sunglasses Pouch

Datter eye ring $55

Eye planters and bowl by Helen Levi, $110 and $50

Ojos Cuff $165

Evil Eye Ring $288

Gold Cat’s Eye Ring $2690 (Just for fun)

1. marcie says:

I can see why you’re into eyes. I love them in jewelry (they’ve been a theme for centuries) but decor is pretty new. Love the mug. Thanks Grace.

2. Regina says:

I’m obsessed with eyes in art, jewelry, decor…great post!

3. I love eye symbolic so mych, it’s a native american symbol. It’s beautiful, I have a tattoo with a eye like the phone case. Beautiful items !

4. Kate says:

Kinda creepy but I think that’s why I like it so much :) Great picks!

5. Hmmm, I am not so sure about eyes normally, but I have to say there are some pretty items in there – such as the big plate! x Fem

6. Heather says:

Michelle Quan’s ceramic eye plates

All of her work is BEAUT- I- FUL!!!

7. Sarah says:

Love the sunglasses pouches & the Datter eye ring is gorgeous!

8. “Eye” love this post mucho! Sorry. Couldn’t resist. But, seriously, love it.

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi kayte–
      we love them! we did a DIY lover’s eye this year :)

9. Kayte says:

oh awesome!!! i don’t know how i missed that!

10. Doug Oliver says:

Not sure what I think, I feel like I was being watched all the time, yet I really like it.

11. Amy Smith says:

I haven’t thought about using Eye decors in decorating my house. But when I saw those gorgeous ceramic eye dishes and also the eye planters and bowl they look like they will fit well with the theme that I had in mind for my dining area.

12. Dan Denault says:

Wow…that’s really “eye” catching. Seriously, I like the coffee mug, very creative collection you put together!