In an ideal world, we would all move into our respective apartments and houses, hire a few contractors, buy some furniture, and pump out our brand-new dream home in a couple of days. This, however, is largely out of the question for most of us—budget, not to mention time and other commitments, often gets in the way. This is why home renovation projects, no matter how completed they are in one’s mind, can often span across several years. No matter how begrudgingly we accept this reality, a beautiful home, one that you can truly call your own, is definitely worth the wait (and saved pennies). Just ask Adri and Jeremy Lentine, the adorable couple behind Dream Book Design. They moved into their Phoenix, Arizona home earlier this year and have been tackling the renovating slowly but surely ever since. Two self-proclaimed “budgeteers,” the couple seldom buys anything new, opting instead for vintage finds, affordable DIYs, and discount steals. With this penny-pinching credo in mind, the Lentines set to work on renovating their dining room. The previous iteration was a cramped, clashing, and dismally-lit space, filled with inappropriate floor tiles and out-of-place light fixtures. The end result, a combination of budget eBay finds, beautiful added moldings, and opened up space, is stunning. And accomplished for a little over $4,000, it proves that style, thrift, and time can be a winning combination for a beautiful space. Check out more photos, plus the complete object/budget breakdown after the jump! —Max
- Schonbeck Chandelier: Purchased on Craigslist for $500. Retails on Amazon for $1800.
- Vintage Krueger Fiberglass Chairs: Bought on Ebay for $300. (Originally they were $550 but arrived damaged and the seller provided a small refund).
- Table: Craigslist find for $550
- Card Catalog: This was a DIY (check out the project here). Originally purchased the piece for around $300 and put about $200 in it to transform it.
- Mirror: Estate Sale for $90
- Books: Estate Sale for $1 per book
- Candle Holders: Target on Clearance, all 4 for $20
- Vintage Map: Ebay for $100
- Driftwood Art: DIY Project (check out the project here)
- Rug: Rug USA Marquis Ikat Knit Midnight Rug
- Smalls: Modern Manor and Antique Mesa Plaza