20 Designs Inspired by Kiernan Shipka’s Emmy Dress

I’m going to cut to the chase: whoever is styling Mad Men‘s Kiernan Shipka deserves a huge raise. Not only is she the most age-appropriately dressed child actress around, but she looks consistently beautiful, fresh-faced and fun. Watching her grow up on the red carpet has been a complete joy and I’m so happy that she hasn’t yet run head-first into the land of sheer dresses, dark lipstick and clear spiked heels. She will forever be Sally Draper in my mind, so that sort of 60s innocence is probably unfair to project onto her, but I love that she manages to exude a sort of sweetness in everything she wears. Her Emmy dress (by Spanish design house, Delpozo) this year wasn’t universally loved, but I thought it was a breath of fresh air in a sea of solid-colored (although I loved this color) gowns and trains. Rather than lament the fact that I have neither the budget nor the age to match this dress, I decided to celebrate this look with some home goods inspired by the overall style. It make me cold outside, but I am all about this sunny yellow floral look right now. xo, grace

Image above via Getty Images

Sources and more products continue after the jump…

Image above: 1. Botanical Journal $15 | 2. Petal Pusher Wallpaper $125 | 3. Petal Chandelier | 4. Cocktail Napkins $28 | 5. Gourd Vase $20| 6. Striped Pouf $275 | 7. Garden Stool $185 | 8. Striped Candles $24 | 9. Daisy Stud Earrings $42 | 10. Pink Poppy Knob

Image above: 1. Lulie Wallace Print $98 | 2. Napkin Set $24 | 3. Canvas Hamper $105 | 4. ‘My Love’ notecard set $17 | 5. Faceted Knob $6-$8 | 6. Flower Mirror $435 | 7. Bar Cart $950

Image above: Capiz Pendant $375

Image above: Tufted Rug $448+

Image above: Estate Garden Necklace $99

Image above: Dwell Studio Pillow $63

1. barchbo says:

I LOVED this look. She is almost always one of my red-carpet favorites because she consistently looks beautiful and age-appropriate. In addition to her stylist, her parents deserve some praise too!

There isn’t a single design item here that I don’t covet. That RUG!

2. Caroline says:

Ohh I love every single item in this entire post :) especially Kiernan’s gorgeous dress!

3. This dress is seriously from the most beautiful collection. The Delpozo SS14 range blew me away. Love this post. xx

4. Love all of these items! That rug is adorable.

5. Katie says:

The rug is amazing. I want it as a wall tapestry!

6. SO refreshing to see a young girl dressed so stylish and age appropriate! Her smile exudes genuinely. Thank you for featuring Kiernan

7. Pırpır says:

Such lovely designs! The necklace and the rug are amazing!

8. Toni says:

Great post! I love Kiernan’s style, and she seems like a great kid. Have you seen this video she made, playing a child psychologist? http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/45680faca3/child-star-psychologist-with-kiernan-shipka

9. mindy says:

I AGREE! She made me smile and goodness if she isn’t the most stunning when she smiles. Thank you for this post.

10. Jen says:

I love her dress too and agree with everything you said. Your choices are wonderful–this is a fun feature. I enjoyed the Jessica Parre one too.

11. Sandra says:

that petal chandelier is beautiful!

12. I love love love this post. I gasped with delight when I first saw the photo of her in that stunning dress. Everything about it is just right, and Sally continues to be one of my favorite characters on MadMen (I’m also a major Joan fan.) What an inventive post, gathering so many lovely ‘objets’, all of which capture the spirit of the Delpozo original.