Weekend Almanac

Say hello to my new favorite publication, Weekend Almanac. Run by two incredibly talented women, Lauren Ladoceour and Ali Zeigler, Weekend Almanac is a beautifully designed ode to the creative community, viewed through the sleepy, luxurious and somewhat hazy lens of weekends. The WA site explains that, “Life happens on the weekend, and we tried to pack in all the good stuff (dinner parties, recipes, day trips, art projects) inside these pages to help you have a good one before Monday calls you back to the grind.” Their debut 64-page issue celebrates everything from surfing communities in San Francisco to hangover cures and seasonal foods. I love the slightly foggy, sleepy feel of the photography and design of this first edition. That feel captures weekend life perfectly and reminds me to cling tightly to the last few weeks of summer sleep-in days.

The first edition of Weekend Almanac is part of a limited edition 500 copies, so if you’re interested in picking up a copy, click here to check it out and order your own (ad-free) copy with tons of inspiring content from writers, photographers, designers and makers across the country. A big virtual high-five to Lauren and Ali! xo, grace

1. Gorgeous photos, thanks for introducing this, I’m going to order my copy now!

2. This looks awesome. I’m going to order a copy right now. And I’m delighted that we get a bonus watercolor print for purchasing!

3. Such a wonderful book and creative outlet! I’m going to look into ordering a copy.

4. Hannah says:

Love the concept, photos looks gorgeous, will need to order!

5. Mariela says:

Love books with photos like this, thanks for sharing.

6. Jessie says:

Looks like a lot of fun. I just ordered my copy. Thanks for sharing!

7. Kara says:

Love the handmade quality to it. Seriously beautiful! Can’t wait to get my watercolor print!!

8. Nicole Jahns says:

Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like I’ll be subscribing to yet another awesome magazine (my 5th this year).

9. jessica says:

Thank you for featuring this, I cant wait to get my copy!

10. this looks like a fantastic magazine! love the photography and design.

11. I placed my order within minutes of reading this post! Thanks for the fun reading recommendation! Can’t wait for it’s arrival in the mail.

12. I ordered the book right after seeing it on here! I hope things go well for the authors and that the support will enable them to make a second.

13. Sandra says:

beautiful! an ode to the weekend before the Monday grime. Love it!

14. Monica says:

I love any excuse to relish in the weekend laze! Looks gorgeous.