We’ve been dreaming, big time, about travel this month. One of our fantastic DIY interns, Mar Espanol, came up with this fun project inspired by the photos she takes of architecture during her travels. Rather than leaving her photos on her laptop or camera, Mar decided to print them on good old Shrinky Dink paper to make miniature reminders of her trip that she can use in her everyday life. We loved them as playful keychains, but you could easily make them even smaller and glue them to pins for a customized travel map. xo, grace
– Shrink Film
– keychain ring
(Approx. cost $15)
- Gather your favorite travel images, edit them and resize, keeping in mind that all images will shrink by 50% when baked.
- Print Images on Shrinky-Dink paper. (Tip: Place one sheet of shrinky dink paper on top of a small stack of regular printer paper to help it feed smoothly through the printer)
- Cut images out and hole punch.
- Preheat oven and bake according to your Shrinky Dink papers instructions. *We found it helpful to cover each image with a piece of wax paper or cardboard to prevent curling during baking.
- Let cool.
- Add Keychain Clip. Ta-da!