Mar Espanol, one of our lovely DIY interns, has been in love with these Macon and Lesquoy pins forever. On a recent trip to Paris, she was able to pick up a few and they remain favorite souvenirs—wearable badges signifying her time spent there. Inspired by the idea of souvenir pins, Mar decided to create her own patches (suitable for clothing or bags) using photographs of famous international landmarks. An update on the classic idea of suitcase stickers, these hand-sewn darlings are a fashionable way to pay homage to your favorite places. Check out the full instructions after the jump! —Max
- Digital images (taken yourself or found online)
- Inkjet Printer
- Fabric Transfer Paper
- Embroidery Thread
- Resize and edit your images.
- Print them on Fabric Transfer Paper
- Iron your white fabric to remove any creases
- Cut out your images
- Following the instructions of your Transfer paper, Iron your images onto your fabric
- Place images face-up on felt and embroider a running stitch outline close to the edge of your image. This will hold the image in place
- Using Straight and even stiches, make a embroidered border
- Cut out patch.
- Pin or sew onto your travel bag. Ta-da!