One of the great perks of working at Design*Sponge is being able to look into people’s beautiful homes and see all of the crazy, wonderful, and simply ingenious ideas they come up with. Here are 26 brilliant ideas, gleaned from some of our favorite spaces, that will simplify your life, satisfy your budget, and add flavor to your home. —Max
1. Don’t hide your extension cords! Spruce them up instead with this giant, braided cord wrap DIY.
3. …or books!
8. Cinder blocks: They hold your bed up and store your shoes!
11. Show off your home’s weird pipes and fixtures. Paint them neon!
13. Frames can be beautiful—even without art inside!
14. …they’re also great for making mirrors look larger!
15. Create a lovely, rustic dining table on the cheap—with a pair of sawhorses and a slab of wood!
16. Got a screened-in porch? Turn it into an airy bedroom during warm-weather months.
18. Ceiling fans can be ugly. Dress yours up with some painted designs!
19. Driftwood + S Hooks. BOOM. Instant coat hanger.
20. Know what time it is. Everywhere. Cluster vintage clocks together!
21. Don’t have enough room for all your plants? Build this stacked hanging planter!
24. There’s never such thing as too many mirrors—especially if they’re painted in complementary or matching colors.
26. Make changing your art easy as pie—by hanging it on a peg board!