Living In: Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

fasterpussycat_1 fasterpussycat_2

Summer is probably the best time to indulge in some good ol’ B-Movies—especially if it’s outdoors, with a projector under the stars. While any sort of movie is great for outdoor film viewing, schlocky camp ones seem particularly suited to this type of venue. They’re lighthearted, filled with cheap (yet excellent) thrills, and often overflowing with horrible (and so quotable) dialogue. There are some awesome camp cult classics out there (The Beach Girls And The Monster, anyone?), but the one that takes the cake, the absolute cream-of-the-crop, end-all-be-all has to be, without a doubt, Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Directed by Russ Meyer, the veritable king of the “sexploitation” genre, Faster features enough sassy ladies, sexy cars, and karate-chopping mayhem to satisfy any B-Movie junky. Centered around three cat-eyed go-go-dancers who partake in a murderous, gasoline-filled caper, the film is like Tarantino in a time warp. Although probably too self-aware to be deemed “real” camp, this classic still supplies a rockin’ good time at the movies. —Max

1. Eyebrow Pencil | 2. Julie Mollo “Katy” Bra | 3. Goodyear Racing Tire  | 4. Black Jeans | 5. Candy Cigarettes (Smoking is bad, y’all!) | 6. Alexander McQueen Knuckle Box Clutch | 7. Alexander McQueen Heart Belt | 8. Coleman Steel Cooler

fasterpussycat_3 fasterpussycat_4

1. Model Porsche 356A | 2. Toy Gas Station Pump | 3. Gogo Boots | 4. Knitted Crop Top | 5. Camping Stool | 6. Gingham Napkin | 7. Chain Wrap Bracelet | 8. Fingerless Driving Gloves

fasterpussycat_5 fasterpussycat_6

1. Another inspired pick! Love this one!

2. Lisa says:

Oh, how I love me some Russ Meyer! Meow, more like this, please!

3. earthakittens says:

Honey, we don’t do anything soft. Everything we do is hard.

4. hellebelle says:

holy rockets, batman. could poke an eye out with those!

5. amanda says:

the makeup in these shots… i need to know how to do a smokey cat eye like that!!

6. dianne says:

Could someone please, please just give me any one of those cars – any one will do. And a pair of those awesome white boots, too. (Okay, so I wouldn’t actually wear them, but I would feel very cool just having them in my closet.)

7. Alicia says:

I just saw a 356 Bracelet to match this post.

8. Erica W. says:

Those were over-the-top slutty rebel scary monster woman outfits making a statement on the big screen when that movie came out and today gals dress like that in the office.

9. andrea says:

I´d kill, kill to see this movie! So cool…

10. Mrs. Vallejos says:

This was a big favorite of Roger Ebert. So, let’s call it a tribute. I miss him already.

Seriously, those bras. You could put an eye out with those things!

11. 'Becca'lise says:

I love how Tura Satana is basically yelling every line in this movie, hahaha.

12. Jocelyn says:

My best girlfriend and I saw this in a packed cinema in the West Village when I was at NYU in the mid-90s. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder, before or since.