Tobias Tovera

I now live in an apartment that is basically one big long railroad of white walls. My previous apartment was quite small and the amount of wall space was pretty limited due to the layout of the space and placement of some really odd lighting fixtures my landlord bought. So now that I actually have space to display some things, I’ve started searching in earnest for artwork that would work in my space and means something to me. For a while now I’ve been art-stalking the website of San Francisco artist, Tobias Tovera. Tobias’ paintings look like what I imagine a pool slowly filled with natural dyes would look like. Soft, wafting and full of the sort of watery blurred lines that I find it possible to resist. These diffused pigment paintings are so beautiful I can only dream of how incredible it would be to have one of these, large scale, in a room. I feel like there’s so much emotion, so much drama and also so much calmness in them that it would be the perfect thing to see when you start and end each day. I’m going to take a leap and email to see what pricing is like, but in the meantime, you can click here to check out more of Tobias’ incredible work.

*ps: I will be doing several posts next week on my new apartment and sharing some “before” pictures, so stay tuned!

1. Debbie C says:

So gorgeous! And yes, large scale you could just stand in front of it and get lost in it.

2. These are just so so stunning.

I must have some!

3. beatriz says:

so beautiful! i did some research on him before and i believe a 48×48 was $4,000 but i never actually wrote to confirm the price.

4. These are gorgeous. I could stare at one of these for hours.

5. beautifully written, and gorgeous work! I love the term “art-stalking,” I’m definitely going to have to borrow that from you in the future!

6. Leslie McKellar says:

I’m ruined.

7. Diana says:

Absolutely love these images! I’ve had the itch to paint again, and this is just the inspiration I needed. Thank you!!

8. Shasta says:

Can’t wait to hear what you find out about pricing. I would love to have a print of one of these pieces!

9. Beautiful! I’ve been obsessed with watercolor/abstract pieces like this recently! It reminds me of agate slices!

10. tiffany says:

his work is simply fabulous! i am a sucker for work that creates space and texture. i cannot wait to get myself over to the gugg next week for the turrell exhibit as well!

11. I agree with everybody here. It’s beautiful and absolutely a must have.

12. Alison says:

Some originals are available here: $1899 for 24″x24″ and $5499 for 48″x48″. A little bit outside of my price range, unfortunately. I wish there were prints available.