RSS Moving Day + weekly wrap up

We’re ending the day with a little public service announcement. We wanted to remind you that the Google Reader service is ending on July 1 – but you don’t have to lose all your feeds! It’s just time to move. I have about 200 feeds in my reader and I moved everything this morning in just a couple of seconds. (Just to be safe – because I can be a little paranoid – I moved everything to both feedly and to bloglovin). Lifehacker and Wired just wrote about migrating your RSS feeds. Design*Sponge is available via all of the RSS readers. Have a great weekend!  –Amy

Here are a couple of RSS options:

Feedly:  It has great interface, easy integration with Google Chrome and Firefox, as well as good apps for iOS and Android. You can import your Google RSS reader with one click.
Pulse:  They have a very slick and visual interface with both an iOS app and Android app.
Bloglovin:  Beautiful interface and an easy import. (Has a faster load time that Google Reader did – yay!)

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Catherine says:

my god I love you D*S, thanks for feedly!

2. Dan Craig says:

I’d like to recommend Curata Reader (reader.curata.com), a minimalist feed reader that puts a lot of emphasis on rendering articles cleanly, simply, and beautifully. You can also put filters on your feeds and choose how much of each feed you want to see. And I can report that D*S looks great on it :)

3. I tried out feedly and Bloglovin’ and decided feedly was best for me.

4. helen says:

Would y’all (Amy, Grace, and Max) be willing to share some of what’s in your feeds? I could use some new blogs and would love some tips!

5. Rasmus says:

I couldn’t find a feed reader that suited me, so I build my own: http://uhy.re/rss. I use it as new tab page in Firefox. If you want the code, I’d happily share it.

6. melissa says:

I switched to Bloglovin after checking a couple other feed readers out.

7. Kate says:

I love Bloglovin and it also has apps.

8. How scary to loose all your feeds!

9. Ersi Marina says:

Thanks for the reminder! I had completely forgotten about this. I just moved my feeds to bloglovin’, couldn’t resist the lovin’ call :)

10. Tina says:

Bloglovin is now tops on my list after trying out a few.