We’re ending the day with a little public service announcement. We wanted to remind you that the Google Reader service is ending on July 1 – but you don’t have to lose all your feeds! It’s just time to move. I have about 200 feeds in my reader and I moved everything this morning in just a couple of seconds. (Just to be safe – because I can be a little paranoid – I moved everything to both feedly and to bloglovin). Lifehacker and Wired just wrote about migrating your RSS feeds. Design*Sponge is available via all of the RSS readers. Have a great weekend! –Amy
Here are a couple of RSS options:
Feedly: It has great interface, easy integration with Google Chrome and Firefox, as well as good apps for iOS and Android. You can import your Google RSS reader with one click.
Pulse: They have a very slick and visual interface with both an iOS app and Android app.
Bloglovin: Beautiful interface and an easy import. (Has a faster load time that Google Reader did – yay!)
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Giveaway: A Glamourous Urban Wedding + Jen Huang’s New Book and Giveaway!
- Must Read: My New Apartment: The Living Room (Planning)
- Weddings: Modern Elegant Santa Barbara Wedding, A Fun Urban Wedding
- Biz Ladies: The 5 Key Habits of Media Magnets
- Biz Ladies Profile: Julia Rothman
- City Guide: Big Sur + Monterey Bay, CA City Guide
- Human/House/Harvey: Nautical
- Sneak Peeks: An Eclectic Family Home in Springfield, Missouri, Best of Lime Green, A Brooklyn Office Gets Some Flower Power
- Living In: The Sandlot
- In the Kitchen: Casey Barber’s Coconut Cherry Suzy Qs
- Before & After: A Brisbane Kitchen Goes from Blah to Bright And Breezy
- DIY Projects: DIY Floral Crown, DIY Framed Typewriter Wedding Wishes, DIY Flower-Dyed Thank Yous
- Designer On The Rise: Sierra Yip-Bannicq
- Artwork: Wood & Pulp
- Misc.: El Cosmico, Summer Strawberry Fabric, New from Aelfie Rugs, Chambre de Sucre