Each year, when warm weather rolls in, I find myself dreaming about the summer of 2006 – one of my all time favorite summers. I had just finished my sophomore year of college, exactly half-way between worrying about which school I’d get into and if I’d have a paying job after, leaving me – and many of my classmates – in a state of total freewheeling bliss. This album had just come out and it felt like all of Brooklyn was floating from one raucous dance party to the next. Now, a few years older and definitely more in tune with my REM cycle needs, my idea of a great summer party is more like an well-planned brunch with a perfectly toasted frittata and a light cocktail straight out of the latest Martha. It just goes to show that no matter your age or disposition, with summer comes celebration.
We’ve all been thinking back through some of our top summer memories, and so we thought we’d ask – what’s YOUR ideal summer party? Just the family or the invite the whole neighborhood? Delicate finger foods or messy pig roast? Whether it’s an intimate porch-side cocktail hour with a proper mint julep or a sweaty, over-capacity dance party with plastic cups, we want to know! And we’re hosting our first-ever Pinterest contest just to find out. Follow the rules below and enter before July 15th, when we’ll announce our favorites and feature them on the blog!
For inspiration, check out our own ideal summer party right here.
Here are the rules:
- To enter this contest, you must follow Design*Sponge on Pinterest.
- Create a board called “Design*Sponge Summer Party.”
- Fill that board with at least 15 pins, but feel free to add more if you’d like! Make sure that at least 3 of those pins are from DesignSponge.com. (Check out our food and drink recipes, DIY’s and flower arranging posts for ideas.)
- Add the hashtag #designsponge and #dssummerparty to each pin – even the ones not from Design Sponge – and a description of how you’d like to use the product or inspiration in your own party.
- To enter, post a link to your board in the comments section of this post. We’ll post our favorites on July 15.
Party on – we can’t wait to see what you come up with!