Before & After: Printerette Press’ Office + Studio Makeover

I love a good studio makeover. So often the most promising spaces start out a little rough, but all they really need to shine is a little love, elbow grease and a lot of cleaning supplies. Catherine and her team at Printerette Press recently moved across the river from St. Paul to Minneapolis to a new studio and they were kind enough to share their new office makeover with us today. I love how clean, bright and sunny it feels now- especially with those pops of turquoise in the chairs. Congrats, Printerette team! xo, grace

More beautiful “after” photos continue after the jump…

1. Tricia says:

Oh, so beautiful!!!! Adore the teal folding chairs…!

2. Cheryl Webb says:

I would love to know what white they used on the walls – and what turquoise on the chairs – this is such a cheeful space!

3. Kate says:

So simple and beautiful. I love those hammered turquoise folding chairs. Such an artistic storage solution!

4. Catherine says:

We are so honored! Thank you so much for the feature! I have to add that we owe a lot to our fantastic photography team; photos of the transformation were taken by the talented women at Satori Photography.

5. Jana says:

Looks like such a bright, fun place to work! I’d love to visit next time I’m in the twin cities!

6. whitney says:

Hooray for Catherine! Totally love you and your beautiful space. xoxo

7. carina says:

Seriously gorgeous, I love Catherine’s aesthetic!

8. Ali Martinez says:

I love Printerette Press! Catherine designed the invitations for our wedding one year ago and we’re still in love with them! Her studio seems so serene!

9. Marcy says:

The chair hanging is such a good idea!!! Giving me lots of inspiration on how to make chairs more available for our small space. <3

10. Bailey Amon says:

So gorgeous! What a delightful place that must be to work!
    xo Bailey

11. This space makes me so happy/jealous! I only dream of the day when I have so much natural light in my workspace. Way to go Catherine!

12. Michelle says:

Love the coffee table! Where is it from??

13. Poppy says:

The folding chairs are such a great color against the white. Love how they act as wall art…. particularly because the space is kinda industrial, so they really fit. Thanks for sharing!

14. WOW!! How fantastic is this place! I so admire people with vision who can see such potential from such a dingy place. Love it!

15. Valerie says:

Those white chairs are gorg. May I ask where they are from?

16. Andrej says:

That sofa is the perfect size and shape for my apartment! Do you remember where it came from?

17. What an amazing use of space with those chairs on the wall!

18. Thanks everyone!

The sofa was a flea market find, the “coffee table” is actually a hand carved bench we found (also a flea market find), the rug is West Elm, the white chairs are cheapies from and the turquoise chairs are Ikea!

19. Tucker says:

Love the aqua chairs against the white! Turquoise and aqua are my favorite colors, lots of hardware and glass in that color at

20. Eleni says:

I love these renovations…!

21. Emily says:

So beautiful and airy. May I ask what you did to the floors? Apoxy? Just paint? I’m looking for inspiration for my basement floor.

22. Heidi M says:

What a gorgeous, creative space! Are the pencil/pen holders (on the desk) trophies that have been spray lacquered white?
    I can’t wait to try that.

23. Laurl says:

Inspiring space! In the old space you would feel like you had a lot of potential, but the new space feels like you can actually achieve that potential and beyond! I need to go and clean my studio… I want the achievable and beyond feel!

24. amy says:

I love Catherine and Printerette Press. She recently designed my wedding invitations and they were amazing. Awesome aesthetic, love the new studio!

25. I love, love, love this! What a great, light space to work in. I dream of having a studio like this someday…

26. jessvii says:

What a lovely and serene work space – very minimal and yet comfortable – great job!!

27. Desirèe says:

Love everything! Colour palette, adore!

28. cecima says:

minimal and gorgoeus!

29. Oh this gives me hope for my garage! Thank you for sharing such an inspiring transformation.

30. Such a cute space I love it!

31. Maggie says:

More power to you!

32. Pkae says:

Wow! I can’t believe how “inexpensive” the parts are because it sure has a high cost look! Contracts on a fab job!

33. Rebecca says:

What did you do with the floor? I’m toying with the idea of polished concrete for my studio….can’t exactly tell what you’ve done. But I like it.

Beautiful transformation. This would make me very happy to come to work everyday if I had a space like this.