20 Great DIY Wedding Backdrop Ideas

Last month I had the pleasure of being part of “Team Pom Pom” for my friends’ Clay and Lisa’s wedding. Along with Victoria and Anna, I helped create a massive tissue paper and medallion wall that served as both a photo and ceremony backdrop. It was so fun to be a part of building something that would be such a big (visually, at least) part of their big day, that it made me start thinking about other beautiful DIY backdrops I’ve seen at weddings. So to go along with our wedding theme this month, I thought it would be fun to roundup 20 of my favorite DIY wedding backdrop ideas that you can easily make and customize for any big occasion you’re throwing, weather it’s a wedding, a birthday party or some other festive celebration. xo, grace

Image above, clockwise from top left: Crepe paper backdrop from Martha Stewart, Scalloped paper backdrop, Dyed book page backdrop by Ginny Branch for the D*S Book Tour, A dramatic ribbon and wood backdrop, My favorite wedding decor ever, from Lena Corwin’s California Wedding that used Marimekko fabric backdrops (Images via Martha Stewart Weddings).

Image sources and more backdrop ideas continue after the jump…

Image above, clockwise from top left: Knitted backdrop, Edible Cookie Wall by Leah Rosenberg and Tess Wilson for the DS Book Tour, Marshmallow backdrop via, photo by Ely Fair, concept by Wednesday.

Image above, clockwise from top left: Giant Paper flowers (by Ruche), Paper Flower shapes, Paper Fan backdrop by Arrow & Apple, Chalkboard backdrop

Image above, left to right: Geometric garland, Song lyrics backdrop that’s also an aisle runner

Image above, clockwise from top left: Natural branch and flower backdrop, Balloon Wall, Fireplace backdrop, Pixelated backdrop, Paper cups and flowers (so clever!)

1. I love those giant paper poppies they would work for all kinds of events, maybe even a child’s party.

2. Erin Stewart says:

3. Libby says:

Thanks so much for including our grey scalloped tissue backdrop in this amazing round up! It was fun to share the how-to at Ruffled: http://ruffledblog.com/diy-fringed-scalloped-backdrop/. (Many thanks to D*S for the veneer heart tutorial we featured in our original shoot!)

4. Randal says:

Es una gran web , Sigue con ello!

5. So love this DIY, maybe can try it.

6. Hi there! You credited my blog with image source credit for the marshmallow backdrop. I actually featured it in a collection of backdrop ideas on my blog, but am not the owner of the image. The proper image source credits are listed on my blog post beneath the image. Just want to make sure proper credit is given where it is due. =)

7. I actually featured it in a collection of backdrop ideas on my blog, but am not the owner of the image..

8. karton says:

9. psikoteknik says:

weather it’s a wedding, a birthday party or some other festive celebration. xo, grace..

10. Karton Koli says:

Es una gran web , Sigue con ello!

11. ucuz koli says:

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.