ICFF 2013 Trends: Green

Growing up, I was obsessed with people’s favorite colors. Any new friend I made in school would be asked that pressing question and I felt defined by my own personal choice: green. To this day I still carry a little torch for fellow green-lovers and hope they’ll be as happy as I was to see that green was everywhere at ICFF. Last year there were a lot of super neon-bright colors (there were still some this year, too), but this year I felt like everywhere we looked, there was a rich jewel-toned green. From the incredible striated chair above to the faceted light below, little pops of green really had their moment. As a green-girl from day one, I was happy to see this trend. I hope you guys will enjoy these green pieces as much as I did. xo, grace

Image above: Green chair by Dirk Vander Kooij (More details after the jump)

Image above: Sconce by Rosie Li for Roll & Hill (My favorite piece from the show, hands down. I wish I had $3k to bring this home).

Image above: Green chair by Dirk Vander Kooij

More gorgeous green designs after the jump…

Image above: Hanging green glass pendants by Artecnica

Image above: Table Chair by Brendan Solinsky of Northern Michigan University.

Image above: Table lights by Neil Conley

Image above: Green glass cloches by Panoramica

Image above: Table lights by Tatsuya Akita

Image above: Detail of green chairs by Dirk Vander Kooij

Image above: Detail of the green striated chair (and production process!) by Dirk Vander Kooij

Image above: Detail of sconce by Rosie Li for Roll & Hill

1. Love green it is a big color in fashion and accessories right now too.

2. We dug that Dirk Vander Kooij stuff to. Fit right in with all the process stuff going on at the show: lasers, and robots, and 3-D printing, oh my!

3. Nicole says:

Agreed, especially that mint. Yum, it’s so pretty.

4. Sherry An says:

hi, I just realized that Hanging green glass pendants are from Artecnica

1. Grace Bonney says:

oh thanks, sherry! sorry i had that labeled incorrectly :(

grace

5. cathy says:

My favorite is green also. I hope when you went to ICFF you saw my nieces collaborative fireplace with Rookwood! Gorgeous and jealous I won’t be there to see it!

6. Jillian says:

YES!!!! Love green!

7. So much great stuff so far! I always look forward to ICFF posts every year

8. Miss Heliotrope says:

Green is always fab.

9. Ritika says:

Absolutely love green for walls and accessories! Nice to see lighter shades like mint.

10. Green is good! We have sold quite a lot of green velvets this year. Both green fabrics and velvets are trending in 2013. IMHO.

11. the5krunner says:

I always thought blue was meant to be most relaxing to the eye? Yet I too invested in green for my home gym. A bit harsh perhaps with lots of black and chrome ‘gadgets’ / equipment but it makes me train harder, so i get it over and done with more quickly

12. Karen Macon says:

My family room which leads right into the kitchen is a shade of lime green. I LOVE IT!!! It’s time to change color or NOT. Any suggestions?

13. Alonso Leon says:

Guess you missed the Emerald Diamond From Boca do Lobo. Amazing piece….:)

14. ace says:

Hi,

any similar reading on 2015 trends?

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi ace

icff is in may, we’ll do another trend post then :)

grace