ICFF 2013 Trends: Crazy About Copper

As much as I’ve loved ICFF’s trends so far this year (Green, Geometrics and Brass & Copper), I will always consider copper my first love. Classic metallics like this will never go out of style, but copper really had a moment this year and, fingers crossed, seems to be tipping over into the rose gold world, too. That rosier, pinker point of view is so beautiful and feels so modern on really simple designs- I can’t wait to see how it evolves for next year. But this year’s collection of shiny copper pendants, chandeliers, canisters, baskets, tables and chairs really took my breath away. Fingers crossed it will cross over into rose gold next year…xo, grace

Image above: My favorite copper lighting of the show, Iacoli & McAllister‘s copper chandelier. These guys really had the strongest work at the show for my money. Chic, modern and on-trend without being trendy.

Image above: Blu Dot‘s beautiful smokey glass-topped (another ICFF 2013 trend!) copper tables.

Image above: Delightfull design’s rotating copper light (rotated photo after the jump)

Image above: Panoramica‘s copper baskets

More new copper designs from ICFF continue after the jump…

Image above: The arms, rotated together, of Delightfull‘s copper lamp.

Images above: Canisters from Kaikado

Image above: Iacoli & McAllister‘s gorgeous copper table.

Image above: Neil Conley‘s copper bookmarks

Image above: Tom Dixon‘s copper lighting

Image above: Assembly Design‘s copper chair

Image above: An incredible copper chandelier/multi-pendant from Innermost UK

Image above: Hanging plant holders and decorations from Panoramica

Image above: Canisters from Kaikado

1. lis says:

Copper is my favorite! and rose gold – I would so love to see that turning up more. My wedding ring is rose gold and my collection of copper bits and pieces is always growing!

2. Jo says:

The revolving copper light from Delightfull is one the most gorgeous things which I’ve seen this year. Stunning colour and fab design.

3. krista payne says:

We couldn’t agree more. Copper is simply glorious in any and every setting and stands the test of time.

4. Catherine says:

Me too, love copper. Come here, to Arizona where we gots lots of it, :).

5. EBrown says:

OK. Here’s my problem I’m seriously into silver and metals in that spectrum, i.e. iron, pewter, platinum. Can I add brass or copper elements without the room looking weird and schizophrenic? Or should I forget the trend and just keep to what I’ve got?

1. Grace Bonney says:

ebrown

you totally can! i think the key is mixing in some warmer wooden elements and fabric so you’ve got a range of texture and warmths happening.

grace

6. Holly says:

I don’t usually love copper but these are FAB!
    I think I’m in L O V E.

7. Ramona says:

These copper designs make me want to incorporate them into my home, so beautiful. And warm.

8. Alonso Leon says:

OHHH I love your sellection!!;) But I also need to call for your attention for Boca do Lobo furniture!!! Never saw pieces that could be so modern and contemporary…

9. Dale says:

wow!! great collection . Really great copper design, I must use because Copper is my favorite