ICFF 2013: 10 Great Textile Designers

This year’s ICFF was a textile-lover’s paradise. There were thick wool blankets in intensely colorful patterns, soft cushions that looked like they’d been splattered with beautiful paint and so many rugs that I had to save some for a second post coming up soon. I’m an equal-opportunity textile lover, so I tried to include a range of my favorite subtle textile designs and some more in-your-face textile installations. I hope they’ll inspire you to seek out some beautiful handmade textiles in your area, whether it’s a small rug or a new throw for the couch. xo, grace

Image above: Tanya Aguiniga‘s incredible installation for Kasthall.

Beautiful textiles by Grain. I love the texture and pattern in the all-white pillows.

Woven pillow designs by Denise Diane that were inspired by the Golden Orb spider.

Wayward Projects‘ splatter-style pillow line.

More new textile design continue after the jump…

Another shot of Tanya Aguiniga‘s installation for Kasthall.

More pillows by Grain

A hot pink and blue rug from Blu Dot.

More woven-textile beauty from Denise Diane.

Ercol and Timorous Beasties teamed up for this beautiful couch and NYC toile design.

Wool blankets by Roros Tweed of Norway

Meg Callahan‘s quilt for Matter Made (the light is by Roman & Williams)

I love the subtle pattern on this huge new rug from Eskayel

Beautiful wool throws by Mandal Veveri

1. I have to have that NYYC toile. That is so cool!

2. Emmy says:

Wow, that NYC toile couch strikes such a wonderful balance between traditional and modern. So fabulous. Love it!

3. Timorous Beasties Have been a long time favorite of mine. This print is new to me. Thanks for sharing. I hope it is HR friendly as their London Toile got me in a spot of bother. So beautiful and clever though! I am having to cover guns with Starbucks coffee cups.

4. Shanna says:

Yup, love that toile!

5. Clare says:

Gorgeous fabrics. So much color and texture. I am a sucker for toile and that couch is no exception.

6. Jeff says:

Gah those Wayward pillows are to kill for….

7. Rachel says:

Wow what an amazing collection of textiles! and that toile couch….. gorgeous!

8. Tanya says:

Love the paint splattered pillows!

9. Clair says:

Love those Norse tweeds :) Would like to see more prints too.

10. Shelley says:

Love the NYC couch. Just beautiful.

11. Roros Tweed USA says:

Very nice article. Roros Tweed is coming to the US….stay tuned !

12. Ashley says:

The Wayward pillows are gorgeous. Looks like an amazing show!

13. Love the zig-zag pattern and the colors from the wool throws. My favourite is the one in black with the with and pink accents.