Color of The Day: Verdigris

1. I absolutely love this colour. You can spot a lot of it on historical buildings in London, especially domes. I also love how much of it you see in France on external wood like window frames and front doors. Clean, crisp and vibrant, but not overpowering or lurid. LOVE!

2. Love verdigris especially on anything copper the contrast is so beautful.

3. What a beautiful color.

4. Such a beautiful, naturally occurring colour. I agree with the previous two comments. Left to weather, copper will turn this beautful green – the perfect complimentary colour, nature certainly knows best when it comes to colour combos!

5. Joel says:

A great color that freshens the look in any era of home.

6. It’s interesting that it says toxic in nature.I’ve read a lot of people making their own stain with pennies and vinegar. Maybe not such a great idea.

7. jessvii says:

Just writing to say how much I enjoy this color of the day series! Also, I have a suggestion for a future color of the day, manganese blue.

8. Anne says:

Farrow & Ball has a gorgeous shade of this called “Arsenic.” I’m soooo in love with this color!

9. Haley says:

I usually just stop by Design Sponge and flip though, but I’ve started looking forward to Color of the Day, keep it up!

10. Caro says:

DO you ever tell us what the HSB, RGB, CMYK, or hexadecimal equivalent is of your color-of-the-day?
    It would be nice if I could easily dial it up in Photoshop or Illustrator…

11. Lauren says:

I love all of these. It is interesting to learn a little history behind these incredible colors. I’m going to be sad when May is over.

12. caroline says:

ooh, I love learning new color names. verdigris combines both of my favorite colors (green & grey). :)