Color Day 2013: Inspired by Artwork

I always lament not being able to paint. I tried and tried when I was in college, but much to my dismay (and my professor’s), I just couldn’t make it work. I felt at ease with printmaking, but the rich colors of oil paints always tug at my heart strings. So for today’s color day, I decided to take inspiration from one of my favorite painters, Charleston’s Lulie Wallace, and round up designs that remind me of one of her gorgeous paintings (above). I love all of the floral scenes Lulie paints, it gives me a chance to indulge in my love of bright pinks, greens and yellows. xo, grace

This post is brought to you by Sherwin-Williams.  Turn your inspiration into reality with Sherwin-Williams Color Selection Tools.

Image above: 1. Striped Candles $24 | 2. Mint Bud Vase $20 | 3. Siesta Pillow $28 | 4. Turks Chandelier $925 | 5. Disco Band Necklace $245 | 6. Square Chip Boxes $58 | 7. Ribbon Stool $871 | 8. Borghese Sofa $5175 | 9. Dip Dye Napkins $22 | 10. Textured Plate $24

1. Love the Borghese Sofa! That is beautiful.

2. Lulie Wallace says:

Thanks Grace:)!! So very appreciative for the shout-out!!

3. Hanna says:

Grace, you should just paint anyway. Who cares if it’s “right” :)

4. Carol Hu says:

Nice rendition of a still life/floral. Has a vintage feel to it.

5. I am in love with the Mint Bud Vase. I’d love to put some white and yellow roses in it. :)

6. Finn says:

Color Day 2013: Inspired by Artwork
    It’s beatiful, goodluck ;)

7. Milan Patel says:

Very Peace full are work it’s really good inspiration.
    i love it :)

8. nancy masters says:

Lulie Wallace is so good! I really like her work.

9. Meredith Walker says:

I love Lulie Wallace! Just purchased one of her beautiful paintings. I’m so in love with it :)!

10. juni says:

late to this but I feel ya on the whole painting thing. I just can’t seem to do it either! printmaking is my love though :) and I have started painting envelope liners instead of printing them. baby steps!

11. Laura. says:

rich colors happen in printmaking all the time! painting does not own great colors! just sayin’.

12. Oh my goodness, now I have discovered a new favorite artist. I found my way over to her website and I must say Lulie Wallace’s artwork is just beautiful.