Arthur Slenk for NLXL Wallpaper

As much as I love pattern, I really appreciate when a wallpaper can add not just pattern but texture to a wall. A sense of history, patina or other weather details always gives a room so much more dimension. These wallpapers from Dutch wallpaper company NLXL (who produced another great textured collection, Scrapwood by Piet Hein Eek in 2010) were designed by Arthur Slenk. Slenk’s designs for NLXL were inspired by a box of handwritten sheet music he discovered over twenty years ago. Enamored of the ages paper, its ink stains and the fingerprints, Slenk reconstructed the papers and NLXL scanned his reconstructed designs to create these wallpapers. I think the result is so wonderfully rich with age and history. It’s not for everyone (I know some people don’t love the look of age or wear on new things), but for a lover of history, paper and texture, these just might be the perfect wallcoverings. Click here to check out the images in more detail and here to see the collection at NLXL. xo, grace

1. Can’t believe this is wall paper, looks like hand stenciling.

2. Bailey says:

I love the texture of these papers. Simply gorgeous!

3. Wallpaper can be amazing.I was looking on the internet for handles for my cupbaords and came across an UK site, Rockett St George.The wallpapers there are just so unusual , it’s fantastic.My favourite is probably the one based on Brooklyn tin tiled ceilings .here’s there site – and no I don’t have any shares in their company , hahaha. http://www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk/wallpaper—all-324-c.asp
    And the tin ceiling wallpaper is here http://www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk/brooklyn-tin-tiles-wallpaper—03-14350-p.asp

4. Bliss-ologie says:

Crazy cool wallpapers! This would make such an amazing accent or feature wall.

5. Rick Vintage says:

Thank you so much Grace hope to see you at ICFF.
    @modern country lady: thank you, the Merci Brooklyn Tins paper over at Rocket st George is also one of our collections!

6. Polly Rowan says:

These are awesome! Love the first one

7. Amanda says:

Who makes the amazing leather stitched chair?

8. Quite wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Oh if you love a sense of history you’ll love Farrow and Ball Wallpapers. They print many of the fantastic papers for the National Trust. Their paints are stunning too.

9. heather says:

oh they are fantastic. love love love

10. I have a living room with ugly wall paneling. They’ve been painted, which isn’t bad; but still those telltale grooves are a dead giveaway. I’m wondering if it would be safe or risky to paper them with this type of wallpaper. Would grooves need to be filled in first, or could I get away with it? Anybody have experience with a similar situation?