Nina Azzarello’s Hand-Drawn Icons

Maybe it’s the control freak in me, but I love being able to customize and tweak all aspects of the things I own. Whether it’s painting the legs of an Ikea couch or redoing the hardware on an old dresser, making a few changes to create a slightly more custom version of a standard object makes me happy. That custom obsession even applies to things like computers- so when I saw these beautiful hand-drawn icons from Nina Azzarello I was hooked. Nina is a graphic designer who created a set of hand-drawn and hand-cut computer icons that you can download and use to customize your computer desktop. Nina hand drew and cut out each little icon (for music, calendars, word processing, etc.) and then turned them into digital image files you can upload and use to replace the standard icons that come with your computer. I’ve always been someone who swapped out my desktop wallpaper on a regular basis, so I love the idea of designers creating more beautiful versions of the standard icons we all have to see on a daily basis. Click here to check out Nina’s website and here for her Etsy shop where you can buy and download this set of 12 icons for $6. Thanks, Nina! xo, grace

1. These are great. Can’t believe they are hand drawn, seems like everything is done on the computer nowadays!

2. Tia Stockton says:

My goodness, these are FANTASTIC.

3. Fiona Dunne says:

Beautiful, funny how technology has us pining for such lovely handmade drawings.

4. Grace, thank you for this wonderful article! I am so tickled that my devotion to craftsmanship in computer design is appreciated by you and Design Sponge community.

5. CityCraft says:

Thank you for sharing!

6. Jennifer says:

These are awesome! I sometimes feel like I live inside my computer, and even need to do some sprucing for spring (even though I won’t be entertaining inside my desktop) What a cool introduction to digital decor Grace, thanks for the post!

7. susan says:

oh wow, brilliant!

8. These are so adorable! I hope she does more so I could have all my program icons match.

9. Cary says:

They are precious!!!!

10. Diana says:

These are so darling! I think I need them in my life!

xo
    Diana

11. Inês says:

They are a brilliant idea!

12. Julie says:

Those are the cutest drawings!

13. Elke says:

Love this idea, congrats to Nina, she’s very talented. Thanks for sharing.
    – Elke

14. 3girls1apple says:

So cute and artsy! Way to fuse technology and art! Woo hoo!