Join the D*S Team: 2013 DIY Interns

Please pardon this mini-interruption this morning with a little behind-the-scenes business, but I wanted to do a quick announcement that we’re looking for a DIY Intern! Now that we have an office, with a well-stocked craft closet, we’d love to a few more hands helping us make projects each week. We’re looking for a self-motivated, creative person (or a few people) who can help us execute some of the many projects that we produce each week. Styling and photography experience or skills are a plus! –Amy

• Position: DIY Intern
  • Duties: Work with the Design*Sponge team to develop and execute DIY projects.
  • Payment: Stipend
  • Location: Must be in the New York City metro area
  • Time Required: Must be able to come into the Design*Sponge office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn one or two days per week.

If you’d like to join our team and craft with us, please email SUBMISSIONS AT DESIGNSPONGE DOT COM (subject line “DIY Intern ”) with a resume, cover letter and links or images to 3-5 recent projects you’ve made. If you currently run your own blog or write for another, please include that information.

1. I’d love to do it, but there’s one ‘but’… I live in Ireland :((( Anyway good luck to everyone who is lucky to live in NY :)
    xox, Wioleta

2. Catherine says:

Oh man, I would so love this… but the commute from Germany is a killer :) I craft with my mom via Skype all the time, but it’s not quite the same! Good luck on the search!

3. Sofia says:

Yes, I would also love too. Is my dream to become a stylist and I wouldn’t mind moving but for now I live in Portugal so..

4. Anne says:

Alas like the others above I do not live in the area. I am living outside of Washington DC close to West Virginia. If you ever need remote worker elves think of us!

5. jessie says:

aww damn that i live in germany! but if you are looking for a freelance graphic designer/ illustrator .. get in touch with me ;))

or a long distance .. DIY .. woman .. hihihi :D

6. Daysi says:

I also would love to… but I live in Switzerland :(
    And by the Way… I LOVE this page and all the work you put in DIY :)
    (If you want someday to make DIY trip to Switzerland ….I would love to invite ;) )

7. Emma Scott says:

I would also love to apply for this but I live in England!:( Would love to work overseas, maybe one day!

8. Ashley Koehler says:

Is this job permanent or just summer help? As others have also mentioned if you are every looking for helpers in Milwaukee/ Chicago areas would love LOVE! to help out as well. :)

1. Grace Bonney says:

It’s temporary help for now. But our track record over the past decade has almost always been that interns become our new employees at some point :)

9. Katy says:

I would love to as well, but like the others, the commute from Scotland would kill me

10. Lizzie says:

Would the one or two days a week have to be weekdays?

1. Grace Bonney says:

Yes, they’d need to be week days. And Hannah, yes, the post above mentions there is a stipend.

11. Hannah says:

Is the position paid? Sounds great!

12. Ashley Koehler says:

Swoon! When will you stop accepting applications??

13. Hannah says:

Oh how I wish I lived in NYC.

14. Catherine says:

omg. who DOESN’T want to be your intern…sigh. What a lucky soul to be selected!

1. Grace Bonney says:

i wish you lived here, cat– so we could sew together :)

15. Clarisse says:

This would be fun but I live in the Philippines! :(

16. Henri says:

Ugh. That would be so great! If only NYC was an hour drive away from Manila. <3

17. Getting together my application email as we speak. Coming soon to an in box near you. Hah. Seriously though this would be a real dream come true.

18. Ariel Martin says:

Great news! I will definitely be applying. What an amazing opportunity!

19. Cindy V says:

I LOVE this!!! how many interns are you looking to have? I’m obsessed with this site and would be amazing to work with you guys, even if just as an intern. I’m always trying to do DIYs and feel like my apt is a big DIY project. This couldnt be more perfect timing for me right now. I will send my resume and info right away and hope I get lucky with you!

1. Amy Azzarito says:

Hi Cindy – We’re looking for two or three people. Look for to seeing your resume! Thanks! -Amy

20. Danielle says:

Any positions for design sponge addicts in little ol New Zealand??

21. Blair Wilson says:

How exciting!! And in my local Greenpoint, to boot! I’m so excited to apply!

22. Ally says:

This is seriously my dream job!! I’m relocating to the NY metro area in 2 months…is that too late?!? Please say it ain’t so.

1. Amy Azzarito says:

Hi Ally –
      Go ahead and submit your resume. Thanks! -Amy

23. Dianna says:

Is it too late to apply for this wonderful internship. When is the closing date to apply?

1. Amy Azzarito says:

Hi Dianna –
      We will still be taking applications next week. Please send your projects and resume. Thanks! Amy

24. Elsa says:

Hello. Are there any DIY specialties that you are looking for? ie sewing, paper crafting etc.

25. Molly says:

Oh Team D*S! If only this was posted just a few months sooner! I leave NYC in May, not to return for a long time, and would be over the moon to have a chance at an experience like this.

Best of luck though to the (super) lucky 2013 intern crew – I know lots of us who wish we could join you! And I can’t wait to see what you create for the rest of us readers!

26. cindy says:

Hello, have the interns been pick yet? I submitted my resume last week and really hope I get the chance to work you guys! fingers crossed.

27. Ilisa Crosby says:

I’m sending you an email momentarily. This is my ultimate dream job, I’ve been waiting for so long for such a position to open!!!!

28. Ashley Koehler says:

Whew.. power outages the last few days with thunder snow storms but finally got a chance to get the home computer back up and sent! Can not wait to hear the results. :)

29. Enriqueta says:

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage’s articles or reviews all the time along with a cup of coffee.

30. Brittany says:

Are you still taking applications for this internship? Has the position/s been filled? Thanks!

1. Grace Bonney says:

yes, you can still send an application, we’re in the final round now.

31. ruji says:

hello! are there any other positions open at the moment?!?!