Happy Earth Day: April Instagram Winners!

Happy Earth Day everyone! It’s sunny in Brooklyn today and the trees decided to explode with blooms and leaves this weekend. They’re the perfect reminder of how lucky we are to have the nature around each of us- and how important it is to take care of nature. To celebrate Earth Day I’m starting the day with the results of this month’s Instagram challenge! There were hundreds of submissions and in addition to being impressed with how beautiful they all were, I’m so inspired by all of the ideas you guys shared for being a little greener. I hope you’ll find their green resolutions inspiring and perhaps try a few of them yourselves. Thank you to everyone who entered and congrats to our three winners! xo, grace

Image above (Winner #1): Holly La Porte

Winner #2: Kelisenk

Winner #3: Sam

Image above: Amy Azzarito’s resolution

Image above: ChiliHui

Image above: Grace’s resolution

Image above: Max’s resolution.

Image above: Jazmine Bradley

Image above: Kelisenk

Image above: Marissa Hermanson

Image above: Pompadourpress Press

Image above: Pretzel Life

Image above: Susan Shepardson

1. Tia S. says:

Those are all such good ideas; inspiring!

2. These are all such nice thoughts, and I especially love the “make sure to turn the lights off” picture. Happy Earth day, everyone!

3. Laura KM says:

Great thoughts and photos! Happy Earth Day!

4. Frenchy I'm Faking says:

Love all these suggestions! I know I need to stop watching cat videos and do a lot more EVERYTHING – lol!

5. toni says:

LOVE IT, what great inspiring photos..

6. Julie says:

Great ideas! And simple too! Everyone should be able to do SOMETHING!

7. These are all so inspiring! It would definitely do me some good to commit to a few more of these. Happy Earth Day everyone!

8. Kathy says:

Great job you guys! I just pinned away.

9. janet says:

Love all the ideas and the way the pix are titled! well except the coffee – hope you use a re-usable filter that needs no paper rather than a sealed packet etc, and also not sure how much electricity a whole coffee maker uses vs. boiling 1 cup…

10. Chii-Hui says:

The instagram photo that reads “This Earth Day, I resolve to grow my own lunch” is actually mine. It is a picture of my first attempt at a garden last year (that I will hopefully be outdoing this year!) Thank you for selecting it to post, and for having such a great contest to celebrate Earth Day! My instagram name is actually ‘chiihui’ (versus the Chilihui) that is posted. I’m not sure if it is too late to correct this, so that it links to my instagram page? Thank you again for posting all of these great pictures! :)

11. Thank you for choosing my Instagram, DesignSponge! Doing simple things with an impact — growing garlic, rosemary, mint and basil in our tiny apartment.

12. Lindsey says:

Thanks so much for featuring my photo! (This Earth Day I resolve to Start Composting — Pretzel Life) My compost bin is actually coming next week, and it’s a gift from my boyfriend’s parents. Perfect timing to start composting all the lawn clippings in addition to kitchen scraps, paper, etc.