Cat + Dog Wallpaper

Last week I had one of the happiest moments of my life. After a nerve-wracking application process, I got the news that I would be able to adopt an incredible dog from The Sato Project. I was a vowed cat-lady for life until Max texted me after meeting Hope (the puppy) at a West Elm event co-hosted by The Sato Project (You can see Hope, Max, Daniel and Linus in the video!). I’m going to be sharing much more about this story (and the amazing work The Sato Project does) soon, but to make a long story short- I am now happier than ever to call myself a crazy cat AND dog person. Since the moment I laid my eyes on Hope, I couldn’t imagine my life without her. She and Turk are (so far so good!) getting along wonderfully and I am now enjoying adding little dog decor details to my home to match the obsessive cat goodies I’ve collected over the years. At the top of my new cat & dog list is this wallpaper by Baines & Fricker. Full of adorable hand-drawn cats and dogs, it’s the sort of playful pattern that’s perfect for a small space like a bathroom, closet or entryway. It would of course be great in other rooms, but I love a little bit of whimsy in small spaces- it always has a stronger impact for me that way. If you’re looking to add some cat and dog pattern to your life, click here and here to check out and shop these wallpapers online. And if you’re looking to adopt an incredible dog, check out the sweet faces The Sato Project is currently fostering. xo, grace

1. that is awesome news indeed. and your new friend is absolutely beautiful. congratulations to you both, and enjoy your picnics in the park. (the wallpaper is very cool too!)

2. Catherine says:

What could be better than a life with both dogs and cats? None. <3 Your heart will grow exponentially, more than you ever thought it could. To me, dogs are the sweetness of life itself. And I couldn't be more happier for you G. :)

3. sandra says:

Fab news!! she is a little gem

4. Love this wallpaper, so cute! Each little face has its own personality.

5. dabney says:

welcome to the amazing world of dogdom – it is filled with vomit, gross things off the street, slobber, and eye boogers. and it is wonderful.

6. emma says:

This post and the website of the Sato project gave me a good sob. Immense gratitude there are still people of open heart in our world – like you, Grace and the folks you work with. Thanks for sharing your good news and Hope’s story. May you both enjoy many happy times together.

7. Kara says:

Wow… just watched the video about Hope. What a tearjerker!! She has an incredible story and I’m so happy that it’s turned out to be a happy one now that she has a great home. : )

8. Lyndsey says:

I foresee arguments in our household over which we should get…

9. liz says:

Deep sigh for me not being able to have my dog OR cat in my apartment. Much happiness for you and sweet Hope!

x.o
    liz

10. lyndsay says:

wahh yay doggies! congrats grace on becoming a dog mama! i’ve yin and yanged as a cat and dog person throughout my life… love them both… um, and this wallpaper is SO AWESOME!

11. LASingh says:

So awesome to hear about this project!! Being a dog person and having been a couple of times to PR, I have noted that the stray population there is OUT OF CONTROL! I have never understood why anyone would do anything but adopt, as there are so many sweet faces in need out there! So excited for your new addition. Our mutt has made our lives so rich!!!

12. LASingh says:

So excited for you! Our lives are richer for having our rescue mutt. These little guys know when they’ve found safety and love! And having been to PR a few times, I can say that the stray population there is literally out of control. So excited for your new addition!! There is something truly special about a dog’s love and companionship!!

13. Noëlle says:

Love that wallpaper, and congrats on becoming bipetual! Hope is so beautiful! I read stories about Dead Dog Beach a while back, so it’s great to hear about the Sato Project and their work rescuing the dogs. Hope’s story is incredible- I’m so happy she was able to recover from those horrible injuries and find her way to you!

14. Leigh says:

So happy for you Grace. Welcome to the crazy dog lady family ! Hope is gorgeous. I think I need this dog wallpaper for a wall in my studio .

15. Hope is just beautiful – I agree with the vet, what a miracle.
    Congratulations on adopting – you’ve not only saved Hope, but countless other dogs as I’m sure more people will look to you as a role model and follow your lead.
    Welcome to the world of crazy dog ladies – you’re going to love it!

16. Christina says:

Congratulations! I follow the Sato Project on Facebook as well as your blog on my reader. I was so thrilled to see that you had adopted Hope! I hope you keep sharing her story and spreading the news about rescue to all of your followers!