Animal Love: Hedgehog

Until relatively recently, my knowledge of hedgehogs was confined to Beatrix Potter. But then, I stumbled upon this video. Hedgehogs can be pets?!?! I did a little Internet research to try to suss out how humane was hedgehog pet keeping. (The jury is still out for me on that one but there’s some great information available from the Hedgehog Welfare Society and Prickles Hedgehog Rescue in the U.K.) But in the meantime, I’m going to surround myself with hedgehog themed products.  –Amy Azzarito

Image above: 1. hedgehog mittens $24. 80 (I know it’s no longer mitten season, but HEDGEHOG MITTENS! I couldn’t resist.) | 2. necklace – animal jewelry $18 | 3. hedgehog mobile $33 | 4. Hedgehog Bamboo Wall Clock $70 | 5. measuring hedgies $36 | 6. The Hedgehog’s Dilemma: A Tale of Obsession, Nostalgia and the World’s Most Charming Mammal $10 | 7. Woodland Nightlight (Hedgehog) $9.95

Image above: ceramic hedgehog planter $12

more hedgehogs after the jump!

Image above: 1. ornamental garden tap £30.99 | 2. little hedgehog on golden chain $41 | 3. kipik toothpick holder $25 | 4. hedgehog cheese grater $9.59 | 5. Keep Calm and Love Hedgehogs iphone case $19.99 | 6. alessi hedgehog paper clip holder $28 | 7. hedgehog dryer balls $6.82 (set of 2) | 8. hedgehog ring $248 | 9. hedgehog earrings $16

Image above: Hedgehog apron $45

Image above: seabreeze studio $35

Image above: little hedgehog pin cushion $9.39

Image above: hedgehog pillow $64

1. rebecca m. says:

Okay, I’m just loving all the hedgehogs! I think I’ll share this with my daughter as she loves hedgehogs, too. Very cute stuff!

2. Keely says:

Adorable! That planter from West Elm is a great find. My daughter keeps asking me to get a hedgehog, but maybe I can keep at bay with this one :)

3. katie says:

warning: the hedgehog mittens are adorable, but a pain in the butt to make. all of those little “quills?” 5 extra stitches each. took me over a year to get working on the second one.

4. Alice says:

Awww, this is so adorable. I love everything!

5. Kristina says:

No love for the Boucheron Herisson ring? One of these days, it will be mine.
    (http://us.boucheron.com/en_us/the-creations/jewelry/a-collection-of-animals/herisson-ring.html)

6. Yay! Hedgehogs have been my favorite animal since I was a kid.

7. Julie says:

How on earth did you find so many things with hedgehogs?! Haha! Love it!

8. Very fun post. Who knew there were so many hedgehog themed items floating around?! One other that I would throw in is the book “The Elegance of the Hedgehog” by Muriel Barbery. It’s not actually focused on hedgehogs (the title makes sense as you read along) but is a great read!

9. Marianne says:

I’m obsessed. They are seriously so cute! I’d already pinned a couple of these, but you’ve found so many more great ones! Eee!

10. Kendra says:

I actually have a hedgehog, her name is Luna. I love Hedgehogs, they’re so adorable! I have so many of the things you posted… it is an obsession.

11. sammy says:

oh my gosh.. who knew a hedgehog could be so stinkin’ cute!!!!!

12. Penny says:

So sweet, thanks for sharing what a great list . Hedgehog would fit right in.

13. Penny says:

Whoops sorry I meant to say hedgehog chocolates would fit right in .

14. Sarah says:

Woah..who knew there were so many things with Hedgehogs on them. Cute, cute!

15. Hannah says:

THOSE MITTENS!!!

16. r says:

Hedgehog crumb brush alert—– Crate and barrel!!!!

17. This post is for meeeee! HUGE hedgehog fan!!! Memories of my childhood in Europe. They say that if you want a hedgehog in a house with children, it’s best to wait till they’re 5 yrs old and up. I am counting the 2 years left!! :D

18. I love it! We are so on the same page. I just featured hedgehogs in my last Favorite Friday Etsy treasury, and found a whole slew of adorable baby goods with hedgehogs!

19. Alison says:

Sweet! I’m liking the hedgehog clock!
    x

20. Anna says:

my favorite: Walter Bosse’s nesting hedgehog ashtrays http://www.bosse-art.com/hedgehogashtray.htm

21. jessvii says:

Just a quick note – I have the dryer balls and they work very well.

22. Susan says:

I’ve been wanting a little hedgehog for sometime now. This only makes me want one more!