Every Thursday our team takes a break from the office and works from home. Amy and Max spend time working with their pets and loved ones while I split my Thursdays between the radio station and working on the couch next to my cat. But this week we had a fun change of schedule. Early in the week I heard from Fishs Eddy about an in-store project happening this week. Along with Todd Oldham, Susan Brinson and others, we were invited to come style table settings using their extensive collection of vintage plates, cups, saucers and accessories. Amy had a big photoshoot for her new book planned, so Max and I decided to team up and head into the city to take the challenge. Along with Susan, Max and I spent our afternoon searching through stacks of vintage plates, cutlery and odds and ends (Max found some awesome gold Jacks to use, and I went with something pink) to create our own unique table settings. Fishs Eddy documented the process, and the photos will be displayed in the store, but we took photos of our own to share here today so you could get an idea of how things turned out. I’ve been a regular Fishs Eddy shopper for years, but was pleasantly surprised by how vast their vintage collection had become. I’ve got my eye on Susan’s plate (if she doesn’t buy it), and Max went home with a huge vintage painting, so it was definitely an inspiring afternoon.
Before we head out, I also wanted to share a sweet video that our own Stephanie Todaro made to celebrate the joy of pet adoption (she adopted her sweet dog, Harvey). This month’s family theme applies to fuzzy family, as well, and as a team full of rescue-animal owners, we thought it would be nice to share this as well as some links to great rescue organizations across the country. If you’re looking for a new pet, I hope you’ll consider the little guys just waiting for a chance — and a good home — around the corner from you. Best wishes to you and your furry ones for a wonderful weekend. See you next week! xo, grace
*PS: This weekend is the last chance to sign up for our egg decorating class, so if you want to grab a spot, sign up here. Also, our newsletter goes out at 5pm today, so if you’d like this week’s edition, you can sign up here.
Some of our favorite Rescue Groups:
1. PAWS Chicago — Chicago, IL
2. North Shore Animal League — New York, NY
3. Bidawee — New York, NY
4. New Leash on Life — Los Angeles, CA
5. Bill Foundation — Los Angeles, CA
6. Friends For Life — Houston, TX
7. Paws 4 You — Miami, FL
8. Best Friends Animal Society — Nationwide
9. Villalobos Rescue Center — New Orleans, LA
10. Kitten Rescue — Los Angeles, CA
11. FIV+ Cat Rescue Resources — Nationwide
*We highly recommend you check out Petfinder.com, Adoptapet.com or the ASPCA Shelter Finder, as well. Even if you can’t bring a pet into your home at this time, your support in spreading the word truly helps the cause.
The week’s wrap-up links plus more images from Fishs Eddy continue after the jump . . .
Image above: Details from Max’s place setting
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Photo Essay: Sixpoint Brewery Tour!
- Biz Ladies: 6 Habits to Keep Yourself Growing and Grounded
- Biz Ladies Profile: Max Wanger
- City Guide: Dublin
- Sneak Peeks: Jon & Nina Hans, Jenny Brandt (Dos Family) & Jens Gronberg, Best of Cats, Part II
- Living In: Leap Year
- Human/House/Harvey: Green
- In the Kitchen With: Ellise Pierce’s Pecan Salty Caramel Tart
- Inspired by: St. Patrick’s Day Clovers in Design
- DIY Projects: St. Patrick’s Day Floral Pin, Haggadah Cover
- Before & After: Stair Nightmare, Playing with Stencils
- Bookbinding 101: Japanese Four-Hole Binding
- Studio Tour & Interview: Doug Johnston
- Entertaining: Beer-Tasting Party
- Style Icon: Eileen Gray
- Misc.: Milkhaus Design, Royal Botanicals, Kosta Boda, Hello, Plum Magnets, Mixed Print Napkins, Favorite Coasters and Linens
Image above: Details from my place setting