Sneak Peek: Eleonore Bridge

by

Eleonore Bridge is a French all-around creative, working in graphic design, interior design, photography, writing, blogging and coding. She’s been running her beautiful personal blog for the past seven years and Un Beau Jour, her project about French weddings, for the past two years. Overall, she loves the freedom of being her own boss. Eleonore lives in the 11th arrondissement of Paris (same as me!), which is a vibrant area with designers, great cafés and forward-thinking restaurants. There are also many artisan workshops and brick buildings with beautiful hidden courtyards. When Eleonore bought this apartment two years ago, it was in rough shape, so they destroyed everything and rebuilt it from scratch. From there, Eleonore was able to put her degree in interior design to use. The goal was to create a warm atmosphere by drawing attention to the natural light and creating a space that wasn’t too girly (though she’s not so convinced that she achieved the last part!). Merci beaucoup, Eleonore! — Anne

Image above: I bought a bunch of mismatched chairs at Emmaus [Goodwill]. I like these small differences. It becomes graphic, and I like this kind of “happy accident” in my home.

Image above: The small window between the bathroom and the kitchen lets in great light.

See more inside Eleonore’s Parisian apartment after the jump . . .

Image: This is the refrigerator I always dreamed of. I knew it would be in the middle of the room and become an element of decor, so I did not hesitate to buy it despite the price.

Image above: I cannot keep plants alive, so I bought all mine from Ikea. They are very beautiful and completely fake.

Image above: This old chair is very damaged, but it’s a family heirloom. I remain very committed, despite the fury of my cat against it!

Image above: Initially this ladder was made ​​to get into my mezzanine, but it was too heavy. I bought a wooden one instead and found a new use for this one.

Image above: I also have teaware, and this teapot rabbit [does] not hurt!

Image above: The pigeon light from Thorsten Van Elten.

Image above: An architect friend had customers who were getting rid of the bathtub and faucet. I ended up designing the entire bathroom around them.

Image above: I wanted a mirror like in the dressing rooms of movies, so my friends at Atelier Seewhy made this one​​.

Image above: This framed poster from my collection on Curioos. Twiggy looks at me when I take my shower!

1. candi says:

So colorful and lovely….thanks for sharing, love the bathtub too.

2. Jessica H says:

Lovely apartment! The plant hanger on your kitchen window is awesome – where did you get it? Thanks for sharing!

3. sunny says:

what a beautiful place to live! I also can’t keep plants alive and will borrow her idea of getting fake ones from IKEA :)

4. Michelle says:

I love how bright it is and full of greenery!

5. I love all of it, especially the little details like wild things in the background and totoro hanging out.

6. So vibrant, light, and fun! I love the “Where the Wild Things Are” print in the first image and all the beautiful personal touches. Definitely a perfect spot for tea!

7. antonia suzanne says:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooove everything everything everything about this!

8. Preeti says:

Such a refreshing and colorful place to live.

9. Bridget says:

this house is just so happy i hardly know what to do with myself. a level of playfulness i always want to see in homes but rarely do. Love!

–pippascabinet.blogspot.com

10. her house looks so happy! cute touches..

11. julie maigret says:

What a joy it is to look at these photos and, for a moment, be transported to Paris. Made my day. Beautiful & real & absolutely delightful!

12. Emmy says:

I want everything in this house, from the amazing pompom sandals hanging on the door, to the gorgeous flowers and macarons, to the Totoro plush. Your home is a happy place!

13. So beautiful and colorful! I love this peek. Oh, to live in Paris…

14. Love the shoes displayed on a ladder.

15. amber peters says:

so so beautiful! i am also interested in that window hanger over the kitchen sink. Gorgeous photography too!

16. Sara says:

What is the book facing forward on the lower right hand side of the bookshelf?

17. amber peters says:

i think i love that bathtub the most too! It is worth designing a room around! :)

18. Hannah says:

Really love it all, the fridge is such a great color!

19. Sally says:

When can I move in?! This is just my cup of tea!

20. Ingrid says:

What a lovely place. I love shoes with bows on them too!

21. So lovely and bright. Love all the colours- and shoe collection!

22. Yvonne says:

Tooooootoooooooroooooooo!!! I love him…………..

23. Holly says:

The plant hanger in the kitchen is from Ikea that I have as well. It’s kitchen wall storage called Grundtal and possibly the Fintorp cutlery caddies can be used in the holder instead of the plastic one you can get. I love the whole system!!

24. Melissa Laurel says:

Your color palette matches the children’s book, Mouk. A beautiful book AND such a cheerful home. Well done!

25. Heather says:

What a beautiful home! How do you ever leave it! very inspiring! :)

26. Totally in looooove! There is a vintage boutique vibe going on, so lovely & creative!

27. Cordu says:

This truly is an inspirational home! Love the happy atmosphere!

28. well I spied the book ‘Mouk’ and a Totoro stuffy, so basically that tells me all I need to know about this lady ~ SHE IS AWESOME!

29. thefolia says:

So cheery–Happy Nesting!

30. Orlando says:

Having to fan myself over those whisp-thin steel-frame chairs. I bet they actually weigh as much as a big chubby baby.

31. Kirstin says:

Oh my god, this place is just absolutely the thing of dreams. How is it even real?

32. Chloe says:

So brighty and colourful, I love this place! It also looks like a ginormous mansion, what with Paris apartments being as bijou as they are!

33. Dana says:

Perfection in a home. I love it!

34. Holly says:

I love the record player… do you know it’s name/model?

35. Siru says:

Bohemian lovely :)

36. Laliv says:

What a lovely kitchen! and I must say its a great idea for the shoes….

37. Melissa says:

I’m moving in… right…. NOW!

38. dyna says:

Pretty things in a pretty place! Love it all!!!

39. Dana says:

what a fabulous place! I just love it, and find it quite inspiring!

40. Orlando says:

@HOLLY, it looks like a regular ol’ Crosley available at most big national retail chains

41. Kathryn says:

what a completely gorgeous apartment!

42. Kathryn says:

One of the best sneak peaks ever! So cute and colorful. Thanks for sharing.

43. Such lovely bursts of color throughout the apartment!

44. zms says:

Beautiful and so cheerful! I love your shoes! Great taste! :)

45. Veronica says:

I remember her previous and very tiny apartment that was featured like 5 years ago in Decor8. I was amazing and is this one. Love all the tiny elements she adds.

46. Nat says:

I want the same! It’s beautiful and I do love the bathtub. Never had the opportunity to bath in a bathtub like this yet ;)
    The retro fridge is pretty cool too