New: Rebecca Atwood Designs

One of the things I love most about events in the office is getting to meet talented members of the creative community face-to-face. Each time we host a craft class, Biz Ladies lunch or welcome art & design students, we get the chance to meet incredibly talented people and up-and-coming artists. At last week’s Egg Decorating Party we were fortunate enough to meet designer Rebecca Atwood. A RISD graduate and former Anthropologie team member, Rebecca has been working with major retailers to design home product collections while consulting on trends and design. But today she officially launches her design collection, Rebecca Atwood Designs, which consists of several beautiful pillow designs.

Blending traditional textile techniques with hand-painted details, Rebecca designs each piece in her line from her Brooklyn studio. A native of Cape Cod, Rebecca was inspired by the ocean’s color palette, as well as the antiques and family heirlooms in her home. Those little details and watery color palettes fill the new collection with so much texture and rich color that I’m pretty sure this one’s going to be impossible to resist for me. I’m really loving indigo lately (stay tuned for more indigo love this week!) so these soft blue pillows are calling my name. They’re even washable and designed to age well as they’re worn in. As an added bonus, Rebecca donates a portion of every sale’s proceeds to Aid to Artisans. I can’t wait to see these in person, but until then you can check out (and shop) the full collection online right here. You can also check out Rebecca’s blog, Instagram feed and Twitter feed for more textile inspiration. Congrats, Rebecca! xo, grace

Photographs by Nicole Franzen

1. Becca says:

Thank you so much for featuring my launch!

2. janika R says:

The designs are too good. All the best Rebecca..

3. Casey says:

These are beautiful textiles! I love the dyeing and painting techniques you use (I also checked out your blog and plan to try my own shibori experiment with onion skins–so cool). Thanks for sharing!

4. Cat says:

Beautiful! And congrats to Rebecca for stepping out on her own!

5. jaclyn says:

None of her sites are loading, bummer!

6. Nicole says:

Her pillows are so lovely. And she is a nice person, which is what is most important!

7. So vibrant, love the collection and organic feel. Congrats Rebecca!

8. Nomadic D. says:

So beautiful! And the fact that they’re backed with that neutral texture, and have those big zippers on them, just makes them that much better.

9. Kris says:

They are gorgeous!!!!! I cannot get enough of them

10. Beccy says:

Love the designs, and of course love the colour to…

11. Shalin says:

I love these!!!!! They are gorgeous!! So creative and a great mix of materials. Congratulations Rebecca!

12. sierra says:

I love how tactile the fabrics are, they must have wonderful soft texture! The colors are rich and lovely, would look great in my living room!

13. Polly Rowan says:

I LOVE these! Hand printed look is the best.

14. Erika says:

WOW I love the yellow set. These are gorgeous! Great to see her stepping out on her own with such a beautiful debut set of pieces!

15. Dana says:

those are fabulous! I kind of want to make a quilt with her fabrics!

16. Kim Shannon says:

Love, love, love your work! So happy you went on your own. Best Wishes!

17. Love the exposed brass zippers. Beautiful fabrics.

18. Margaret Gulliford says: