Milkhaus Design

For the past few weeks I’ve been trying to re-commit myself to a healthier eating plan. In addition to cutting out carbs and processed foods, I’m cutting coffee and switching back to peppermint tea. I sorely miss my morning coffee, so I’ve been trying to create a new morning routine that will distract me from missing the old one. One of the things I treated myself to was a new set of tea towels/napkins that make the tea process feel like a more substantial ritual. I’m on the hunt for a little tray that I can use for the teapot and cup now, but so far the pretty napkins have been a nice way to start the day with tea and breakfast. During my hunt for napkins I came across these bold graphic options (which are technically tea towels, but I’d use them as folded napkins) from Milkhaus Design and bookmarked them for later. I love the simple color palette — they’d be perfect for a simple dinner at home or a nice dinner party in. Click here to check out the full selection and style range and to shop online (each towel is 17” x 25” and 100% linen). xo, grace

1. Anne K says:

The tea towels look great. But have you tried green tea or matcha instead of coffee. Green tea is super healthy (although it contains caffeine) and matcha even healthier.

1. Grace Bonney says:

i haven’t, because i’m trying to cut out caffeine, but i’ll give it a shot :)

2. ThisisUnclear says:

I adore everything Milkhaus makes. Their totes are beautifully made–and I get so many compliments on mine–maybe I need to upgrade my napkins now :)

3. Christina says:

You could also try roasted herba mate as a good substitute for coffee. While some people say it has caffeine, it actually does not. It contains a chemical compound (called mateine) similar to caffeine in that it gives you a good awake feeling without the jitters. It is also crazy healthy! I find it helps me focus and it tastes great with some honey.

4. Sarah says:

I feel much better when I cut out the carbs, but no caffeine? I just don’t think I could do it! That milky tea does look pretty appealing though!

5. Buck says:

I was just daydreaming about tea when I scrolled down and saw the photos. I’ll take it as a sign to get up and go make myself a cup. Oh, D*S, you know me so well! (and the tea towels are lovely, too)

6. Carissa says:

I love my Milkhaus clutch!

7. Beautiful! love the styling of this!

8. Amanda says:

I love these! Thanks for finding them I hadn’t heard of Milkhaus design, but now I’m a big fan.

9. April says:

I think loose leaf tea makes it feel like more of a process. Also, I like black teas with a little milk and sugar, so that adds to the ritual. (A barista once recommended a tad of soy milk in mint tea, and that was great, too.) Getting to use a kettle on the stove also makes tea-brewing so nice.

10. liya says:

Hi! work in a tea shop in milan and very pasionate bout tea “acessories”… from ghisa pot to chasen for matcha :) wanted a quik tip on the plate that the napkins are placed on… where can i order it??? btw, love the blog.. newsubscriber right here!

11. Shalin says:

Love the tea napkins, especially the beige and white one! Also love the wood tea plate – would love to know where to get it! That’s my fave style – the organic feel of wood + minimalist style :)

12. For those of you asking about the teak serving tray, I bought it at an antique store in Madison that sells mainly mid-century modern goods. It was on super sale!
    Thanks for the kind words about my tea towels!