I still can’t believe March is here, but we’re excited and ready to celebrate a new month with about a billion fun themes to play with on the site. Because this month contains one of our favorite holidays, St. Patrick’s Day, we decided to dedicate this month’s D*S playlist to great Irish and Celtic music. In addition to my favorites (Dropkick Murphys and The Cranberries), we’ve included 15 songs that are bound to get you in the mood for the holiday. And if nothing else, they’ll get you up and dancing for the weekend. This playlist also gave me the pleasure of introducing Max to The Corrs. Now “Breathless” can be stuck in his head for days, too. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and we’ll see you next week! We’ve got so many fun family- and pet-themed projects and posts coming up that I can’t wait to share them all. xo, grace
*We’re sending out our second D*S newsletter tonight at 5pm. If you want to catch our mini interview with artist Rob Ryan and his top obsessions list along with our current team design faves, click here to sign up.
LISTEN: here on Rdio or 8tracks here and below:
The full March track list (and weekly wrap up) are after the jump if you’d prefer to pick and choose songs to try!
Design*Sponge March Playlist
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday – U2
2. I’m Shipping up to Boston – Dropkick Murphys
3. Linger – The Cranberries
4. If I Ever Leave This World Alive – Flogging Molly
5. The Good Ship Rover – The Irish Rovers
6. Astral Weeks – Van Morrison
7. Whiskey in the Jar – The Dubliners
8. The Irish Rover – Dropkick Murphys
9. Breathless – The Corrs
10. Love You ‘Till The End – The Pogues
11. I Don’t Like Mondays – The Boomtown Rats
12. The Boys Are Back in Town – Thin Lizzy
13. Teenage Kicks – The Undertones
14. Gloria – Van Morrison/Them (Rdio only had the Van Morrison version. 8Tracks uses the Them version.)
15. Alternative Ulster (2002 Digital Remaster) – Stiff Little Fingers
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Instagram Challenge: February Winners!
- After the Jump: The Importance of Being Present (MP3)
- Get out of the House: Museum Day & Ticket Giveaway
- Living In: Bill Cunningham New York
- Biz Ladies: Designing for Hire — Who Owns Your Designs?
- Biz Ladies Profile: Joy Cho of Oh Joy!
- City Guide: Hong Kong City Guide
- Sneak Peeks: Caroline and Olivier, Claire Coullon & Darren Johnson, Ingrid Weir, A Catskills Motel: The Graham & Co.
- Human/House/Harvey: Ikat
- In the Kitchen With: Camille Becerra and Nicole Franzen’s Gnocchi with Wild Mushrooms
- Past & Present: Marbled Paper and Roundup
- Before & After: The Silver Lining Kitchen, Hudson Valley Home Transformation
- Interview: Jonathan Chapman of Mr Yen, Ilana Kohn
- Sound Garden: Everything All the Time
- Morning Obsessions: String Chairs & Toast Plates
- Current Obsessions: Ice Cream Colors
- Artwork: 25 Amazing Papercut Artists
- DIY Projects: Marbled Paper Napkin Rings, Cut Paper Memento
- Misc.: Rugs: Less Shedding, Please, Flowers Inspired by Gauguin, Touchscreen Products & Accessories, Scissor Specimens